1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Story

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Hironobu Sakaguchi's latest masterpiece is seeing a worldwide release, finally. Anyone interested? Seems like it's almost a cross between an action game and a traditional JRPG, and it's getting really good reviews. It's being published by Nintendo in Europe, and XSEED is bringing it to the US.

I was so glad that Reggie announced a US release for this game. I would likely have imported it - I love Final Fantasy and Lost Odyssey was an absolute masterpiece, so I'll definitely be picking this up at release.

2. xGIxKobra

xGIxKobra Level 2

33%
    This along side Xenoblade made me super happy to see, now if more amazing jRPGs come to the US or EU i would be happy

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm watching videos of the game right now, and I like what I'm seeing. I especially like the approach to voice acting in the English version, I haven't played many games where most of the voices were British.

I hope Pandora's Tower ends up coming over here. It looks interesting.

4. xGIxKobra

xGIxKobra Level 2

33%
    Pandora's Tower I know is coming to EU US is still unlikely. but MANY Ps3 and Vita games are never gonna see the light of day in the US and its kinda sad.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Pandora's Tower probably interests me the least out of all the OpRainfall games, but I still think it deserves a chance here. Xenoblade and The Last Story will definitely be the biggest sellers though - I can't see Pandora being nearly as successful...it's a bit more niche.

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    At the very least, I think Tales of Innocence R has a chance of making its way here, if Abyss 3D and Graces F sell well. But I can see a ton of other Japanese games not making their way over here.

If it's presented just right, it could do decently over here. Just look at how successful the Disgaea and Shin Megami Tensei series' are over here.

7. xGIxKobra

xGIxKobra Level 2

33%
    Thing is that Tales of Innocence had a chance on the Ds to make a push to the US. playing both the Ds and Vita versions of the game only thing that is different Graphics and more ANIME Cut-scenes. AND ToIR and to put it out there Tales of Xillia both are/is not selling to well. Xillia was rushed to all hell to be put out on the Ps3, same with the Vita version of ToI, They even took away the 1st main fight in the game. Now for Pandora's Tower a lot of the US/EU people i talk to base the game to NEIR both in looks and gameplay. I for one LOVED NEIR. and would love to see another RPG like it. but its really up to see if any of the US pubs wanna take it in wing. Might wanna look at XSeed For this one aswell

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So this game is coming out in North America next week. Anyone planning on getting it? I'm still debating it myself - that artbook and soundtrack CD both are really tempting.

9. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I almost want to get it just because I really like the extras it comes with (and love to support games that include those extras specifically) but I'm not interested in the game itself at all, haha. :(

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I gave in and preordered it tonight. I saw pictures of the packaging and the extras and I couldn't resist, haha.
    If it's as good as Lost Odyssey, I'll be very happy. I still consider that the best JRPG this gen - it was more Final Fantasy than recent Final Fantasies.

I wanted to beat Xenoblade first, but that's just not going to happen. The game is really long - I doubt I'll be finished with it for a very long time. Good thing it's such a good game.