1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    With just over a month away before it's finally released, a lot of hype has been building up for the game for various reasons, be it the game's art style, its controls, its story, or even the fact that it's apparently the Wii's final killer app. Who here is excited for it?

I'm pretty psyched for it. The art style is beautiful, and the game as a whole reminds me of The Wind Waker (In a good way: TWW is one of my favorite Zeldas). I'm also interested in seeing how it'll tie in with Ocarina of Time, as well as the rest of the series. I just hope the game won't be like Twilight Princess (A crapton of hype, followed by good impressions, followed by "this game kinda sucks")... but thankfully, it seems like it won't be that way.

2. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    GOOD JESUS GOD I just read GameInformer's article on it. @___________@ I'm so freaking stoked on this game.

Like Lukar said, everything looks beautiful. The artwork is great. I read in GI about the Skyward Sword having some strange ability... but I'm too tired right now to remember what it was. :P Anyway. yeah. stoked.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm still not sold on using motion controls for EVERYTHING. The focus on flying, and the fact that Hyrule is basically a series of not-connected hubs really concerns me, and there seem to be a lot of gimmicks going on (tightrope walking, motion-controlled swimming, the bug, motion-control flying, etc.). The art style is beautiful, and I'm really hoping they deliver 1:1 swordfighting. But I'm really hoping the game surprises me, because I'm still very skeptical about it.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The ability was probably the sword beam you can use by pointing the remote up for a second, and then bringing it down. It looks cool. :3

I suppose you could consider Skyloft as the game's hub; all of Hyrule's areas have states that let you transport to and from the different locations, including Skyloft. And I don't think the controls will be too bad, I'm sure that Nintendo made sure everything was comfortable; instead of acting like you're really swimming, you just move your Wii Remote as if it's Link's body. It'll be fun to play, I'm sure of it. xD

5. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Like Geoff said it looks really beautiful, but I dunno if I like the idea of pure motion control. The Wii is near the end of it's cycle, there's no need to keep plugging the motion gimmick. I'd get this in a heartbeat if it was designed for the GC controller.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The reviews so far have been glowing.

A 98 from ONM, but that's not really surprising given its a Nintendo publication. But, the Edge gave it a 10/10.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Well, I've had the game since Sunday even though I've had really limited time to play it. I've beaten the first dungeon, and so far I'm not really blown away. It's good, but it still seems like a standard Zelda game and the overworld pretty much sucks. Like I said, I'm still early on, and maybe by the time I beat it I'll feel differently, but I'm not feeling the "BEST ZELDA GAME EVAR" that so many other people are.

8. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I started the game recently and I really enjoy it. After Ocarina of Time: 3D and Majora's Mask, it' my favourite entry in the series. I think I'm 3/4 of the way in the story. I like the dungeons, the bosses, the items, and the controls. Don't like the overworld (no towns and the landscapes for the most part are barren) and the character and creature designs are awful. Ghirahim, Groose, Fi, The Imprisoned, the Kikwis, the majority of the Skyloft residents. All ugly. But a great game nonetheless.

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    You sound like the total opposite of your brother. XD
    My initial impressions of the game were so wrong. I really enjoyed it, in case you couldn't tell from the glowing review on 4P.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    He likes OoT and MM better. I like OoT, MM, and TP better.