1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Oct 11, 2011.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Beat Skyward Sword. Demise was a joke. The final boss fight should not take 5 minutes to beat. Nonetheless, it truly is a superb game but still, for me, OoT: 3D and Majora's Mask are superior. It will be hard playing a Zelda game without the 1:1 motion controls though after my experience with Skyward Sword and I hope future console Zelda games never go back to the standard controller.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I thought he was actually kind of difficult - the most difficult 3D Zelda final boss, probably. His hits are absolutely brutal and he's pretty viciously fast in his combos to boot. Plus I count the boss battle sequence before him as part of the final boss as well.

3. wakachamo

wakachamo dorp

80%
    The last boss was tough but immediately became 'okay' once you got a hang of the moves he pulls off. I think I had a lot more trouble with Ghirahim himself for some stupid reason. :'P

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The final boss was quite the workout for me. Probably the most engaging battle in the entire game too. It felt like hand-to-hand combat.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I agree, Ghirahim was more difficult because you had to be precise with your sword movements. With Demise, you just have to shield bash and then (gasp) flail the Wii remote around. You will quickly enter the second phase of the battle where, when lightning strikes, you perform a skyward strike and flail the Wii remote around some more. Then, immediately perform a fatal blow. You don't have to be precise with your movements and I didn't even lose a row of hearts.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I agree with Triffy - Demise was a workout. Ghirahim just got annoying because of his constant blocking, and that's one of the few times I actually fought the controls in the game. Demise was pretty aggressive in his attacking though and you really had to be constantly engaged to block and counter him.

7. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Also, while it was lengthy, it wasn't as lengthy as I thought. Miyamoto said it should take around 50 hours for the main story and around 100 hours to do everything. I did everything in 45 hours. Unless by everything he means Hero Mode as well, it doesn't take more than 50 hours.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Skyward Sword was definitely shorter than Twilight Princess. I know a lot of people say SS drags, and while I can see where it's padded in some spots (like the Tadtone sequence), I honestly didn't get bored of it like I did with portions of TP. I thought the pacing was much better in SS.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I just replayed Twilight Princess. It's beginning or tutorial segment in much shorter than Skyward Sword's. The worst in TP that I experienced, in terms of lagginess, was the tears of light hunt in Lake Hylia.

Tadtones didn't bug me. Skyward Sword's lagginess comes from nothing to do on the islands. So, if you were like me and felt like exploring, you end up being routinely disappointed XD Also, the dungeon-like overworld. I liked that aspect, but it takes forever to get into a dungeon. Yeah the pacing is pretty constant, but that's the problem.

OoT, MM, TP... there are little things that break up the pacing along the way. The Lake Hylia tears took a long time and that's why I didn't like it I think.