1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I hate to admit it since I've been a pretty vocal skeptic of this game (mostly because...I never really felt like it needed to exist because TWW is still drop-dead gorgeous) but I'm thinking about picking this up, especially if I can get the special edition Ganondorf statue. The Wind Waker was an incredible game, the HD graphics look amazing (even though some things are kind of questionable - especially the overuse of bloom), and the little tweaks they've introduced seem like they'll make the game even better. I'm still not happy with the lack of new content - they could have at least put in a new dungeon or some sidequests.

What are everyone else's thoughts on TWW HD?

2. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    You know, I really dislike the Wii-U but when I saw the pre order stand for TWWHD, I found myself checking out Wii-U prices almost instinctively. I really want it haha.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    After beating it, I'd say it's definitely a good remaster and a step up from the original. The game is gorgeous, the Triforce hunt is streamlined well, and there are a few improvements to controls and menus and such with the Gamepad. The Miiverse features (Tingle Bottles) are really well thought-out as well and one of the best things about the game. I found myself veering off-course whenever I saw the glint of a Tingle Bottle, and those combined with the improvements to the Deluxe Picto Box (having it available when you get the Picto Box, holding 12 photos, being able to give the same amount to Carlov at a time) make the Nintendo Gallery sidequest so much more streamlined.

I would absolutely love to get a Twilight Princess remake next - based on the Gamecube version, of course. The art style in that game really hasn't held up well and I think it could look gorgeous in HD.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It truly would look gorgeous. I would buy this in a heart beat. But, I would like the option for motion controls. Swordplay is rathr goofy in the wake of Skyward Sword and Battle Quest, maybe the can improve it. But I need IR bow and arrow

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    By "based on the Gamecube version" I was referring to the more asinine stuff like mirroring the whole freaking game instead of just Link.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It also wasn't widescreen while the Wii one was :P Also, important.

Umm... well, I kow you didn't like the controls XD And most people say GCN version was better because you could execute Kaiten Giri attacks in rapid succession without the loading (wait for you sword to go 'shing') period. Also C-Stick camera control like in Wind Waker