1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'Handheld Gaming' started by Geoff, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Picked this up last week and I absolutely love it so far. It's so great to play music from all throughout the series, and the gameplay is as close as anything has come to Elite Beat Agents since...EBA itself. I've finished the series mode and working on Dark Notes and Challenge Mode songs. Some of them are pretty brutally difficult, and I'm still waiting to unlock new songs (you have to get a lot of Rhythmia to unlock your first one). But overall I love it and it's great that my 3DS is getting some play time now.

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moero!_Nekketsu_Rhythm_Damashii_Osu!_Tatakae!_Ouendan_2

In all seriousness though, it does look really fun. I love Final Fantasy's music (Aside from the horrid XIII-2 version of the chocobo theme...), and the gameplay looks nice. If I ever get a 3DS, it's on my list of games to buy.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    :P Ouendan sequels don't count. The song selection sucks anyway.

Guys, is this game worth ~$60? I really, really want it and all the good reviews are making me waver on my decision to wait until it was cheaper in Japan. T_T

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's really good, and I don't regret paying $40 for it (well, I paid $40 but I got it as part of a buy-two-get-one sale). Not sure if it's worth $60 or not though. There's a lot of content, and a lot of DLC, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to play in Japanese, but if you can wait (or get AegisAegis to buy a NA copy, haha) then I'd do that.

5. Cherrim

56%
    ...dude, if I play JRPGs in Japanese, I think I can handle a rhythm game. xD;

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    That reminds me of the time I tried playing Mega Man Battle Network 3 after buying a Japanese copy from a local store.

Never again.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Why did your local store have a Japanese copy? o_O

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    They imported a few games to sell. I remember I saw Japanese versions of Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Crystal once.

This wasn't like GameStop or anything. This store specialized in older systems, like Game Boys and Super Nintendos. Unfortunately, they shut down a few years ago.

9. Cherrim

56%
    That's pretty neat! I wish there was something like that here. I know some of the JP import stores in Chinatown used to sell games but they were so inconvenient to get to and you couldn't count on them to have games. :/

...we're derailing this thread lol.

What's the song selection like in this? I imagine there's probably a mix of slow and fast songs. Are any songs more fun to play than others?

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Usually field songs are slower, battle songs are faster, and event songs are a combination. The later FFs tend to be more fun just because they're so much nicer to listen to (full orchestration and all), but there are some real classics from early FFs that are included as well.

And make sure you guys check out the review that I put up on the site yesterday!