1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Top online moments

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by DocGoblin, Jun 27, 2011.

1. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I gather most of you play various games online. Share here some of your Rambo esque experiances!

Mine is less of a moment and more of a period in time, where the CHAPs (our clan back in the day before everyone fell out sadface) all partied up for a few hours every night and took to MW2. From matches that we simply dominated to amazing headset banter (Will should remember his saying!) to outright all rage quitting when things hit the pan, they were truly the best days.

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I was playing Mario Kart DS online and one of my opponents used the "snaking" technique, which I don't, and in the end I won. I can't remember the course but I caught up by using a Golden Mushroom and then I knocked him off the track.

3. Michael

Michael Level 3

8%
    I remember playing MW2 a few days after it was released and I was trying to get a nuke. I was about to give up until I finally got a nuke. The next three games in a row I also got a nuke, which was pretty funny because I thought it would be impossible to get one that night (I was getting pretty tired and I was ready to rage). I also got my fifth nuke that same night.

4. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I find with CoD that if you have one great game you'll have loads more good ones after, it's all about momentum with me.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I don't play online all that much since I'm not overly competitive by nature and I tend to suck at most of the popular online games. But the online-play memory that probably sticks in my head the most is this one time in Left 4 Dead 2 recently. Aegis and I were playing VS against Geoff and another friend and after failing the entire time, we totally owned on the Dead Centre finale and I think I distinctly remember leading Geoff (as a Tank) pretty much all the way around the level before successfully depositing a gas can. :') We didn't win overall but considering we did not expect to get a single gas can, we totally count that as a win.

6. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I'm really, really bad at L4D/2. I keep trying to treat it as if it's CoD nazi zombies. Another of my top moments was when me and a few buds were playing on world at war and the shi no numa map had just come out and out of nowhere these dogs appeared all fired up and dead and stuff and only i had ammo left and it was on a semi auto rifle and i managed to take all the dogs solo like a boss.

7. Michael

Michael Level 3

8%
    Speaking of Left 4 Dead, I remember playing Versus mode on the PC with a full game (4v4) of friends, so we didn't have to worry about baddies or people trying to ruin our L4D night. Anyway, my team was playing as the infected during the level in the hospital in No Mercy, and right before the elevator doors closed I managed to grab a survivor right out of the elevator as a Smoker. The other survivors had no way of getting down and were stuck in the elevator as it slowly made it's way up. Awesome moment right there.

8. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    I suck at anything involving shooting, so my top moment was getting the The Quick and Everyone Else trophy in Red Dead Redemption. You have to be the top scorer in three consecutive FFA matches to get the trophy, which would normally be an impossibility for me. Somehow, though, I ended up on a server with a lone other person who, early into a match, I noticed wasn't moving at all and was apparently away from their console. I just kept shooting them over and over to build up an impossible lead just in case, did the same in my second match against them, and during the third started doing the same until a couple of minutes into the match when two other people suddenly appeared in the level I was playing in. I ran and hid in what was the the most secure spot in the entire level and just hoped that they wouldn't get near me, lest my lead be destroyed. By some minor miracle I managed to elude the other people just long enough for the match to end and my trophy popped. Not an epic victory by any means but some of the most tense few minutes I've had in online multiplayer :p

9. chanceminor

chanceminor Level 3

52%
    My best online moment was getting an awesome throwing knife game winning kill the first week Mw2 came out. It was on high-rise and I was in one of the buildings and the enemy was on the helicopter pad. I just threw it at him and it killed him. If someone were to get a kill like that now, it would not be that great, but since game winning kills and throwing knifes were new back then, it was really cool.

10. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    Yeah my best moment is somewhat similar to yours.
    I partied up with some friends and we were running Domination matches for several hours. I believe we run every match and we were completely dominating with constant air support and many nukes. We were also trash talking the entire time, it's way more fun when you have a team of guys backing you up. :)