1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Finished my ultimate Mass Effect playthrough. Without a doubt my favourite series. You can read my review of ME3 in the Community Features and Reviews section.

I guess now I'll go back to playing Tales of the Abyss and Zoo Tycoon.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Finally finished the week from hell at school (version 2) so I have a bit of time for video games again!

Playing Penny Arcade Episode 3. I was really iffy on the style since I'm not used to 16-bit RPGs but it's a lot of fun. The battle system is a good variant of the ATB/turn-based system and the classes are hilarious and excellent. I think I'm near the end already but it was so worth the $5. :)

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've been playing a lot of Resident Evil games lately. I beat The Darkside Chronicles a couple of days ago, and yesterday, I beat Resident Evil 5. Right now I'm working on The Umbrella Chronicles.

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Finished Tales of the Abyss and it wasn't that memorable really. The third act was good but the rest was pretty blah. I don't think I've ever yawned so much while playing a video game. Overall the game was better than Dawn of the New World (my least favourite) but I just didn't care for it. Vesperia is still my favourite. Also, I think I'm finished with the Tales of series. To me, they're way too same-y and not the good, Pokemon kind of same-y. I don't think I'll ever buy new installments or replay the Tales games that I have. So, yeah...farewell Tales.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'll be picking it up again shortly. I hope it gets better from what I've done so far. The dungeons suck. Big time. They are so barren. Not comparing it to Zelda, comparing it to the other Tales games I've played. Very, very few puzzles. Symphonia had puzzles. Everything so far has just been... walking. And then some talking.

With the plot I have no idea what the hell is going on. All the fonon speak is over my head. I'm assuming everything gets cleared up at some point. The characters are an important part of Tales game, and I just don't like this cast. I like Jade and Tear and no one else. Everyone else I don't care about or they just really get on my nerves :(

Right now, I don't understand why the Internet loves this game so much compared to others in the series. But, I hope I figure it out soon.

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    ^ I think if you were playing it more often than, you know, once a month, you'd be able to keep track of the terminology better. :(

Anyway, right now I'm playing:
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    Yeah. Still. Doing completion which takes FOREVER in this game because there is the worst trophy ever included which is entirely just busywork.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    That seems likely. XD

Anyway, I'm (still) working on The Wind Waker, Mass Effect 2, and Tales of the Abyss 3D

8. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Done with Zoo Tycoon. Don't want to do scenario mode.

As for what I'm playing next...I don't know. Nothing on Xbox 360 or PC though, that I do know.

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
    I'm not far at all into this game, but I'm going to try to work more on it over the next few days.

Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Loving this so far. The banter between Pit and Palutena is so hilarious and self-aware, and the gameplay is really fun, even though the controls do get uncomfortable sometimes. The stand helps though, and I think once you get used to the controls they won't be as uncomfortable.

Final Fantasy XIII-2
    This is more fun than I expected. The monster system is surprisingly enjoyable, and the battle system is amazing just like it was in XIII. Characters and plot suck so far though.

Xenoblade Chronicles
    Haven't touched this in a while, but I need to make it a priority since The Last Story comes out next week.

10. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Played Fluidity on Wii. It was a great Wii Ware title that I highly recommend. Very fun...and very difficult.

Now I'm going retro by playing Pokemon Red Version on my Gameboy Color. This Gameboy Color in particular:

[​IMG]

Old School!!!