1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The last movie you saw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. J-Law

J-Law Level 3

32%
    I watched Despicable Me last because my son loves it... he watches it every day at least once.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I saw ParaNorman with Cherrim.

It looked terrific, but it was more family-friendly than I was expecting (was hoping for something like Coraline or Fantastic Mr. Fox). I enjoyed it though. Would be better at Halloween but they probably didn't want to compete with Tim Burton's Frankenweenie which I am looking forward to.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Last thing I watched was Rise of the Planet of the Apes because it showed up on Netflix. I didn't really like it. :(
    Haha, movies like that were the best when I was a kid. :P That was Land Before Time and Aladdin for me. I think my parents have every line of those movies memorized!

4. J-Law

J-Law Level 3

32%
    He's watching it again right now. xD I'm glad it's good otherwise I'd be so bored with it.

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I saw Resident Evil: Retribution a few hours ago. I loved the previous movies - particularly the fourth one, Afterlife - but Retribution... I honestly can't really recommend it. While previous movies had excellent fight sequences, the action in this movie feels really underwhelming, partly because it just feels kind of uninspired. In addition, the story was pretty bad: characters from the last movie are all but forgotten except for three or four, and the new ones are given little to no backstory at all, making them feel like they're there just to say, "Hey, we brought cool characters from the games." Sadly, yes, that means that Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Barry Burton may as well not be in the movie at all, and it doesn't help that their actors - save for Ada's - don't perform very well. And while I don't mind that a lot of the films' characters act differently than their game counterparts, one returning character from previous movies is just... They changed his/her motives, and it's really jarring considering how they were before.

All in all, Retribution is a bad movie. The acting was sub-par, the action scenes were underwhelming, and the story flat-out contradicts previous events while also leaving unanswered questions (And not in a suspenseful way). Plus, even the characters have been changed from how they were in the previous movies. I have no desire to see the finale when it comes out whatsoever. :/

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Wait...there's more!?! :wacko:

7. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    They've said that if Retribution is a success, then they'll make another film, though it'll end the series. The ending more than hints at a finale, too.

8. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Saw Finding Nemo 3D the other day and loved it because it's my favourite Pixar movie and they gave me the themed kids' glasses yaaay.

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Really? I think the first two are really good. The first one more than the second, though, because of the whole Nemesis love plot in Apocalypse... >_>

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%