1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Sequels that really let you down.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by DocGoblin, Oct 18, 2011.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I had forgotten about that game. Emil is probably one of the worst lead characters in a game. Ever. I'm never going to replay this.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Didn't Ken Levine have nothing to do with Bioshock 2? That might explain why it was so bad...I'd at least give Infinite a bit more of a chance since he's in charge of it again...it should be more like the original Bioshock.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    The setting is what always made me love the original Bioshock. What I've seen of Infinite does not interest me in the slightest.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Yeah, the development team of the original game moved on to Infinite while other 2K teams worked on BioShock 2. I think the group that ported the original game to PS3 worked on BS2, though.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Pulling this thread from the grave to throw Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain in the mix.

If you read my 2015 GotY article, you know my feelings about the game, but it threw out everything I liked about the earlier games and turned MGS into a generic open-world sandbox, with the blandest open world I've ever seen. Uninspired, repetitive mission design, absolutely unforgiving stealth, a paper-thin plot, lack of the traditional Kojima crazy characters, and a crapton of filler...I honestly tried to like the game but I couldn't take it anymore after a while. I never even made it past Afghanistan (and I think I've got plenty more to do there too, truth be told). Maybe someday I'll give it another shot and actually change my opinion of the game, but very few games disappointed me as much as MGS V did.

...oh, and since it's been nearly five years since the last post in this thread, I can't forget Assassin's Creed III. After the highs of 2 and Brotherhood, we got Revelations, which was okay-ish, but I really was hoping AC3 would reinvigorate the series. Instead, it was one of the worst games I've ever played and it pretty much ruined the series for me. I've been playing AC4 on and off for the past year or so and I honestly can't get into it even though most people consider it one of the best AC games.

#15 Geoff, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    AC3 is the reason why I've abandoned the AC series.

I might watch the upcoming movie though :D

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I have to take back what I said about AC. I gave AC4 another shot and wound up loving it, and I'm playing Rogue now. While it's not as polished as Black Flag, it's still an enjoyable game. So I might have to retract my statements on the AC series.

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    AC3, largely.

But also: we lack the hardware lol