1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Headsets

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Do you have a special gaming headset? Or do you just use the standard one that comes with the console/game/whatever?

I personally have a Turtle Beach X1 that I've had for a couple years, and I love it. I wish it was compatible with the PS3, but it works with the 360 and PC and it's so nice being able to hear both the game audio and voice chat through the headset.

2. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Not really. I don't normally talk to random people on games, only friends, which I do have a headset for my PS3.

3. Muyiwa

Muyiwa I love cake!

60%
    I have a TurtleBeach Earforce X11 headset which I use for my Xbox 360 and my PC. I'm looking to upgrade to Astro A40's as soon as I an afford them.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've got a Turtle Beach, but I'm not sure what model it is. It plays both chat and game audio, though.

5. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    I have some Turtle Beach X11's. Good enough for me, I can hear people coming and it sounds like I'm really in the game so it's awesome!

The bad thing is that I have a pretty tiny head and it doesn't fit right. D:

6. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Yeah I have Xforce11s too. Pretty decent headset but i keep standing on the wires and nearly causing myself an accident.

7. Tera Flame

Tera Flame Level 3

36%
    I have an Astro A40, and I love it to death. You just can't beat it when it comes to gaming headsets. I can use it on my 360, I can use it on my PS3, and I can use it on my computer. In fact I plan on buying a Wireless MixAmp for my PS3. That way I don't have to switch cables back and forth between my PS3 and 360. So once I get that it'll be my Wireless MixAmp on the PS3, Wired MixAmp on the 360, and my Astro A*Stars on my laptop.

I also used to have a Turtle Beach X1. I had that back when headsets were rare and not widely available like they are now. It was ok and for the time money well spent. But after it breaking due to normal wear and tear... I said to hell with Turtle Beach and went with an Astro.

8. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    > have headset that works equally well on 360 and PC
    > refuses to ever use skype

I do not understand Geoff. 8| Seriously, guys.

Anyway... I just have the flimsy 360 headset that comes with the console, lol. I can't justify buying a really good headset when I rarely play online. I have a decent enough headset for PC but all the cross-console ones are just too pricey for me to bother.