1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2

Discussion in 'Handheld Gaming' started by DarkSpade93, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Well if it's a battle with another actual person, if that was their name it would show up in the katakana regardless. But I haven't heard anything about being able to choose what trainer you show up as... or that functionality applying in wifi battles or whatever. o_O Nor does it make any sense for them to tease a screenshot that has another Gym Leader's name entirely. That screenshot just entirely baffles me.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    So I beat the game last night. It's a vast improvement over B/W, but I don't think it beats Platinum as my favorite Pokemon game. It did a lot right - the old Pokemon were great, the plot was good for a Pokemon game, and the final team confrontation was incredible. The beginning and middle of the game had a decent challenge for a Pokemon game but it all flew out the window toward the end. Some of the AI was downright braindead at some points.

When I get White 2, I'm going to transfer Challenge Mode over and play the whole game that way...I'm hoping it fixes the difficulty issues. Great game overall though.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim skystreaks.

8%
    I have to disagree though, at least as far as the PWT is concerned! Maybe it was just my choice of Pokemon, but the Gym leader AIs you face there are ridiculously powerful, at least they're not people you want to underestimate, by any means.

It actually has me afraid to play challenge mode, somewhat. I kind of struggled throughout this game, somewhat. Though again, that might be my choice of Pokemon. XD Having a grass-type starter of course makes things a bit harder.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Oh, I agree about the PWT - it's pretty ridiculously difficult. I was referring to the main game itself.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim skystreaks.

8%
    Ah, yes. Not going to lie, Team Plasma kind of sucked really hard, but I blame that on their lack of diverse typing more than anything else. Use something more than just poison types, or Espeon sweeps them entirely. x_x

I was afraid when I fought the Elite four + Iris, but surprisingly they weren't as hard as I thought they were going to be. I do hope that changes in Challenge mode~!

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Actually B2W2 Plasma had probably the best Pokemon of any evil team - they were pretty diverse and even the grunts were packing fully evolved ones toward the end. The Elite Four and Champion were really easy though.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim skystreaks.

8%
    Ah yes, I was pretty excited when battling the heads of Team Plasma! To me, they seemed a bit harder this time around than in B/W, but then again that's just a personal thing. XD

At this moment though, I'm trying to develop a good PWT team! After that, defeat the Gym leaders from various regions and get enough BP to afford Swords Dance, grind my pokemon some more, and hopefully challenge all of the more difficult trainers.

8. Frostweaver

Frostweaver Level 2

73%
    I actually find Iris to be pretty hard... Cynthia I still managed to take down Garchomp at 12 levels below, but Haxorous just got too much raw attack power lol. Actually it was Archeops that gave me most problem just cause how my team worked out, due to its insane speed >>;

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I pretty much slaughtered Iris during both the story match and the post-game rematch. Her Hydreigon was her only real threat - everything else goes down pretty easily.

The PWT is damn hard though.

10. Ooka

Ooka Level 3

72%
    Still haven't beaten it, working on it. But this game seems to give you Pokemon around each gym to take them out (Riolu for Cheren, Magnemite for Roxie) so I haven't really had problems yet.