1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Geoff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Who runs a dual monitor setup? Or are you happy with a single monitor/laptop screen/whatever?

Personally I have a single monitor and I'm just fine with it. I don't really see the need to have two monitors - 1080p is high enough resolution and I don't have enough open that I'd need another screen.

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've only got a single monitor (I do have a laptop, after all :P), but in my high school computer class, we had dual-monitor setups. They were pretty nice; if I could, I'd do it myself.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I absolutely love my dual-monitor setup. I actually have three monitors but my graphics card doesn't support it. I could probably manage it if I switch out my capture card for my old graphics card, but that seems like a lot of hassle and my monitors are all completely different sizes so it would look dumb on my desk.

But seriously, once you go dual, you can't really go back. Multitasking gets SO EASY and having a dedicated screen for your web browser is seriously lovely. Especially if you do things that require fullscreen a lot, like when I draw it's annoying to have anything but an entire screen to work with but if I want to keep up with MSN conversations or even twitter, I have to open a window on top and switch my focus entirely. You have a lot more freedom in regards to that with more monitors.

My brother has 3 monitors and recently got games to run across all of them and while he says it takes some getting used to, it's really awesome.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I use my TV as a second monitor sometimes. Very rarely.

I just have my laptop really, so I don't see the need. If I still had a desktop setup I'd go multi-monitor for sure, if it was supported.

I use dual monitors at work though (actually three, because I'm on two computers. But one of those monitors isn't shared)

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Okay so I take back what I said earlier. Playing Kingdom Hearts in 1080p is making me want a second monitor to have MSN and whatnot open and the game full-screened. XD

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    See?? You never listen to me and I'm always right. :P

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Well my next purchase will be a desk, and then hopefully I'll be buying a house in the next few months to a year, so another monitor is pretty low on my priority list.

8. donavannj

donavannj Level 1

50%
    I have had a dual monitor setup in the past, but I'm perfectly content with just one, for multiple reasons: 1. When I play fullscreen games, I get IMMERSED in them, 2. a dual setup takes up too much electricity, and 3. I've been making do with 1280x1024 and 1024x768 for YEARS. I'll consider dual monitors when my current monitor dies.

9. Alex

Alex Extremely Super Senior Member

53%
    I'm wanting to try out a tri-monitor setup at some point with a 1440p monitor in the mix. Supposedly I'll end up financing, building, and maintaining a LAN for our house, but I doubt that will ever be a reality around my relatives as hell will freeze over before you can convince them that it'd be worth it, they hardly ever act on their words or put their money where their mouth is, and even if I did buy, build, and run everything they'd want to commandeer it at some point, so... yeah. That might better be done down the road. :P

1080p is pretty cool tbh, but I wanna see 1440p on an actual monitor (only owned an HDTV capable of it so far), since omg pixelssssssss. :3

10. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    My desktop has a dual screen setup, and it's really nice being able to play LoL or Garden Warfare and still keeping up on my conversations. Or maybe watching a youtube video while browsing forums. The possibilities are endless!