1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What're you watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rhys, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Caught up on The Walking Dead last night, hadn't seen the three latest episodes. I've heard people say last week's wasn't that great, but I thought the cat-and-mouse game with the Governor and Andrea was great. Can't wait for tonight's episode, as well as the season finale next Sunday!

2. Hiiro

Hiiro Lorem Ipsum

56%
    I just felt sorry for Alana. Nobody liked her and she was shafted from the very beginning. I have such a soft heart, I don't know. I didn't feel bad when she went home though. She kind of deserved it after the lack of effort she put into that nerdoff. I appreciated how much it showed that studying was such a value in the games and really overall though. They showed that again when Danielle pulled an all nigher studing for the physics challenge.

You know, I didn't even really notice Moo very much at the beginning. It wasn't until around the middle of the competition where she really started to stand out more from her group. The night the Orange Team won one of their challenges and spent the night partying and drinking was when Moo really shined. I don't know why, but a drunk Moo was a hilarious Moo and from that point I kept my eyes on her.

Joshua is quite modest when it comes to girls by the way. Pretty ruthless when it comes to wanting to win though. I wasn't a big fan of Danielle for the most part, but that was a pretty dirty move he pulled against her.

I honestly thought that when it came down to Virgil in the finale, he would have voted for Genevieve and I thought she would have won it all. He always seemed to have this big likeness for her throughout the competition. Did you notice?

I definitely think Genevieve deserved the win, but I just really liked Celeste and wanted her to win. She was a gamer and it was called the "Throne of Games" so it felt appropriate. Poor reasoning, I know. If it was Danielle vs Genevieve, then I definitely think Genevieve would have won though.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Saw the season finale of The Walking Dead tonight. Gotta say, it ticked me off in a way. Warning, character death spoilers below!

Flipping Andrea died! Out of the entire show, she's been my second-favorite character, surpassed only by Dale. I'm sad to see her go, but I'm also kind of ticked off because of how she and Milton died. In the entire episode, nothing she or Milton did really affected anyone else, which means that everything they did in the last half of the season was in vain. Heck, I'd go as far as saying that it even made Merle's death more useless. Granted, that just makes it all the more tragic - Milton was killed by the man he called his friend (Even after said man showed that he didn't care at all about Milton), while Andrea stated that she just didn't want anyone else to die, which didn't happen thanks to Philip.

Still... I'm excited for season four. The group is going to have to adjust to living with other people again, while also staying vigilant in case the Governor shows up again, which he almost assuredly will. Assuming the season premiers this fall, I can't wait for autumn!

4. Hiiro

Hiiro Lorem Ipsum

56%
    I feel the same way about The Walking Dead. I'm excited for the next season, but the finale just left a bitter taste in my mouth, especially with the Governor being kept alive at the end. I don't know if I can endure him for another season. Like, with everything that happened, what more can he do at this point?

Another show I'm looking forward to this fall would be the third season of American Horror Story. I'm hearing it's going to be dealing with witchcraft, and I'm really excited about that.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Since I don't have a PS3, I'm watching a playthrough of The Last of Us online. First time I've done something like this actually.

I think I'm halfway through (just met Henry). The writing, presentation, characters, atmosphere, and voice work are all stellar. The attention to detail is amazing. However, the gameplay seems to be nothing special. Just a typical stealth game. There's a room full of people and you take them out one by one. And the enemy A.I. is stupid. How do they not hear anyone being choked into unconscienceness by Joel? I mean when Batman does a silent takedown in the Arkham games he at least has the sense to cover their mouths so they don't make a sound. And you can throw a bottle or a brick right by someone's face and they'll investigate where it landed, not where it came from. I also don't understand Joel's listening mode.

So far, my impression is that it's an amazing "interactive movie" but just an okay game. The highlights are the cutscenes, not the gameplay.

6. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    What difficulty is the playthrough you're watching? I played through the game from start to finish on Hard mode with listen mode turned off, and it was... well, difficult, to say the least. I died a lot of times. The AI is pretty smart, and while you do want to be as stealthy as you can, you can't just do it for every enemy since your shivs break after one use unless they're upgraded, and you don't get the bow for silent kills for a while. It's one of the more difficult games I've played recently.

7. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I don't know what difficulty it's on. It's IGN's playthrough if anyone is interested. I'm sure the player dies every now and then, they just edit it out (you can actually notice the editing sometimes). Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the playthrough (the Prologue was great) and I'm sure it's a difficult game; it just looks repetitive. And I understand why listen mode exists from a gameplay standpoint due to camera issues and what not, but it ruins the immersion.

8. Hiiro

Hiiro Lorem Ipsum

56%
    With the new season comes new shows and returning shows, and boy do I have a list of 'em!

Note: The titles in italics are all new shows.

Sunday
    Once Upon A Time
    Revenge
    The Walking Dead
    Witches of East End

Monday
    Almost Human
    Sleepy Hollow
    Blacklist

Hostages

Tuesday
    Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
    The Originals
    Ravenswood

New Girl
    The Mindy Project
    Person of Interest
    Awkward.

Wednesday
    Arrow
    Revolution
    The Tomorrow People
    Modern Family
    Super Fun Night
    American Horror Story: Coven

Thursday
    The Vampire Diaries
    Once Upon A Time in Wonderland
    The Crazy Ones
    The Michael J. Fox Show

Parenthood
    Scandal

Friday
    Nikita
    Last Man Standing
    Grimm
    Dracula

Saturday
    Pokémon: The Series X and Y

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Shivi you watch waaaaay too much TV.

10. Hiiro

Hiiro Lorem Ipsum

56%
    I know. Sometimes I feel terrible about the amount of shows I watch, and then I see some people who watch waaaay more than I do so then I feel better about myself. lol