1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Game of 2011 So Far

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    We're seven months into the year, and we've already seen a number of critically-acclaimed games released. What has been your favorite gaming experience this year so far?

Mine has to be Portal 2. It fleshed out the gameplay and story from the first game, the co-op was utterly brilliant, and the writing and characters were genius. Definitely a game I'll remember for a long time.

2. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I would also have to say Portal 2. Everything that was great about Portal was enhanced in the sequel, which is what a sequel should accomplish. I haven't played the co-op but I'm sure it is as great as the single player campaign.

3. Aegis

Aegis Member

4%
    Hmm, so far Rift is probably my favorite game of 2011. It's a really solid MMO and I've found it to be a good break from World of Warcraft when needed. Portal 2 is a close second for sure though.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Final Mix, if you go by hours spent on any games. :'D But considering it's a rehash of a game released almost exactly a year prior, I guess it doesn't. XD;

My favourite otherwise is likely Portal 2, I suppose. I've only bought a handful of games at release this year. One was KH Re:Coded which was the most disappointing game I've ever had the misfortune of playing. Another was LittleBigPlanet 2 which was brilliant, but I'd played the old one so much that it got old pretty quick--especially since for a while after it came out the servers were really finicky for me and I couldn't play online with anyone and it usually timed out when trying to play a user-made level in local co-op. Pokémon White was the same game I'd imported in 2010 so that only leaves Portal 2 as a game I've played this year. XD; And it was great, but I have few reasons to touch it now that I've gotten every achievement/trophy. There should be DLC eventually, though, so hopefully this will be remedied!

So, unbiasedly, I have to say Portal 2. With all my bias, BBS:FM for sure. ♥

5. Will

Will Staff Writer

42%
    Throw up between Portal 2 and Catherine. Portal 2 because I have waited years for it and Catherine because it is a breath of fresh air in a dark, brown and dingy FPS filled time.

6. Savvy

Savvy GamerBB Owner

96%
    I haven't had the chance to play Portal 2. I was riding the Mortal Kombat band wagon when it came out so I would have to say it is the most impressive game so far this year that has been released. I've never played a fighter like it with an awesome story mode... Classic ladder matches... and tons of unlockables.

7. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    Catherine is sooooooooooo good. I imagine that Dark Souls will ultimately be my GotY, but Catherine is just pure concentrated awesome.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Hmm... I haven't really played many games from this year. I've played through Portal 2 and Dead Space 2, but that's all I can think of. Both of those have really enjoyable single-player modes, but based on personal taste, I'm gonna have to say Dead Space 2 has the better story mode. What can I say, I love having the living **** scared out of me. :P

However, for multiplayer, then I'd have to say Gears of War 3, if betas count. If not, then Portal 2.

9. Mao Rune

Mao Rune This world can try...

50%
    Dead Space 2. Seriously... Possibly one of my top 5 favorites of all time, but definitely my favorite of 2011.

10. Shortie861

Shortie861 Level 3

56%
    I would say my favourite game of this year so far from what I have played would have to be Bulletstorm. I had so much fun with that game playing with a friend I know on Xbox Live :)