1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite New Franchise

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    This gen has seen quite a few new gaming franchises. Last gen we had no Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, or LittleBigPlanet, just to name a few. So my question is this...what is your favorite franchise that's just come on the scene during this generation of consoles?

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    My absolute favorite is Assassin's Creed. The story is so rich and expansive, and the gameplay is so much fun. I'm really looking forward to Assassin's Creed III.

3. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I've got a few favorites.

The Bioshock series captivated me like no other when it first came out. I just loved it to death (still do).
    Valve's Portal is amazing, another favorite. Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect are two others. Dead Rising series is another personal favorite, along with (don't laugh) Viva Pinata. :)

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I guess I'll say Assassin's Creed since I haven't really gotten into that many new franchises this gen. I really enjoyed LBP and I loved the second one but I feel like anything more than that is just too same-y. It's so open in terms of user-generated content that new additions just seem unnecessary.

Getting kind of bored of AC too, though. :/ Some series I don't mind when they milk into the ground with sequels and spinoffs (still a KH fan, and all) but I sort of went "ehhh" at Brotherhood and absolutely hated Revelations so I'm not even excited for AC3. I probably won't even pick it up until it's $20 or $30 at least.

Oh, does Professor Layton count? :D I'm not sick of those games by a longshot and they started on the DS. They're absolutely excellent. Trauma Centre's great too but too frustrating to be my favourite.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Mass Effect is just brilliant. Terrific. I play it and go "this is the definition of next-gen", or... "present gen" I guess.

Assassin's Creed was promising, but it is a bit repetitive and boring now. And really I just play now to explore the locale now. Like a travel game... with stabbings. Which is why I'm not interested in Assassin's Creed: America. I don't feel compelled to explore that

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Do I really have to say? If you regularily visit this forum I think you know what my favourite new franchise is.

It's Mass Effect :o

7. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    That's a good explanation for how/why I play it too and that might also be a good reason why I don't have any interest in the next one.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Assassin's Creed was my favorite current-gen franchise for a long time, but now it's just gotten stale. I'm still looking forward to AC3, unlike Triffy and Erica, since I think it'll be fun to explore colonial America during the time of the Revolution, but the games are just feeling really samey and don't have the same magic that AC2 had. I'd say Mass Effect is my favorite franchise from this gen, but I haven't played ME3 and I'm expecting to be really disappointed with it when I do play it, so I'm kind of hesitant to go with that too.

Portal and Left 4 Dead are both franchises from this gen I absolutely adore though, so they'd be really high on the list of favorites.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Why would you be dissapointed? Get the fixed ended and everything is fine. You have that benefit. You will never experience the borked version

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'll get it when it hits $15-20. Not in a hurry to play it right now.