1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Just about finished with Mass Effect 3, I think. I'm doing the Leviathan DLC right now since it's apparently fairly integral to the story, and then I think I've got a couple more missions to wrap things up.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Not really much of anything. Kinda inbetween games right now. A good bit of Mario Kart 8 still, slowly working on Mighty Gunvolt, some really old games for something here on the site, the Smash Bros. 3DS demo. Just... bits of small insignificant things

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Mostly playing Destiny. While it's nothing special, and the campaign suuuuuuucks in so many ways, it's still fun to play with people (hi Jeff). And I'm fairly decent at the competitive multiplayer on a good day, which is a plus. Anyone who has ever played anything with me knows that I'm normally terrible at FPSes.

I'm also playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. Really good game so far - story has had some truly shocking moments and it's an interesting visual novel-esque game. Also chipping away at Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and will hopefully have that beaten soon-ish.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm playing through a lot of old games lately. Trying to experience new things... by experiencing old things.

Right now I'm playing through "The Portopia Serial Murder Case" on the Famicom. It's basically a really primitive Ace Attorney type of game. Some of the dialogue is funny. You gather evidence by tapping around the screen/map (you have a little magnifying glass cursor), you go to the police station and talk to the suspect, etc.

And for some reason I haven't figured out, aside from the game being weird and Japanese, I can also hit people with a hammer to get them to talk if they refuse.

Craaazy. I would like to see Phoenix Wright adopt this trait lol

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've been playing the PC version of Final Fantasy IV. While it seems like not a whole lot of effort went into the PC port - no graphical or resolution options, very pixelated textures on characters, etc. - the game itself is a TON of fun. I'm like three hours in I think, just got Edward to join my party.

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I've dropped everything in my life for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep HD. I haven't played BBS myself since January or February of 2013 (I watched my gf stream it earlier this year to get my fix but that doesn't really count) so I've practically been in withdrawal and to see it like this is... a little overwhelming sometimes. I just love the game so, so, so, so, SO much. I'm so glad 2.5 HD is coming out in English because a lot of people didn't have PSPs and couldn't play BBS and now they'll have no excuse.

I guess I'm technically also playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright as my commuting game but I haven't actually played 3DS on the bus in a while and will probably be too busy studying this week to continue it so my life really is just BBS for now.

7. Alex

Alex Extremely Super Senior Member

53%
    Until I wiped this thing from XP and put #! on it, I was really interested in playing an DOS game called Raptor: Call of the Shadows. For the longest time I lost interest in it since my enjoyment in the game comes from its agility/accuracy-building aspects and I really don't want to deal with managing money and buying weapons and shields and whatnot, but I found on the web that setting the environment variable S_HOST to the value CASTLE makes you invincible and gives you all the things, so I enjoyed that for a bit. Lately I've been checking out a Debian-based Mahjjong game since eventually this netbook will be going to my mother for her to waste away at. The Kindle she's on is in Spanish since it's not hers, so she's clamoring for something else. Alright then :P

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm still on Mighty Gunvolt. The controls are continually throwing me off a bit. They feel like the button placement should be reversed or something. And I'm not particularly good at Mega Man games :\

Next up on my list of retro games to play is Super Mario Bros though. So, hallelujah! \o/ Approaching gaming civilization

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    My current lineup is....

Console: Hyrule Warriors
    On-going: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
    Handheld: Ace Attorney Trilogy (at least the first title, anyway)
    Retro: The Legend of Zelda - Second Quest
    Replay: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

10. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Tales of Hearts R
    I didn't bring much home with me over the holidays, so when I finished up Tales of Innocence the other day, this was about the only game I had with me to play. But that's fine because I'm in a Tales mood again. 8)

Tales of Asteria
    Tales of Link
    Terra Battle
    I've been playing lots of mobile games lately. I'm always playing Asteria (and they did a Christmas event that I was locked to my phone for, since it was for my fave character) and they just released more story for it, so I've been playing that every time my AP restores. Tales of Link was doing a big crossover with some other game (Brave Frontier) and I nearly downloaded the other game but I didn't want to get into ANOTHER time sink game so I didn't. But it got me playing Link again for the first time in a while oops. :( And finally, I got into Terra Battle a bit more over the last month and they added in a bunch of special arena battles so I've been failing at those whenever I get a chance too.

Nintendo Land
    I bought this a while ago but haven't been able to play it because I don't own a Wii U, my mom does. My brother and I have been playing it in the evenings whenever we're at mom's house. It's pretty fun!