1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Yeah... none of that really interests me at all. I'm not sure if it's just boredom with the series or with video games in general. It's definitely something new but for me personally, I don't feel like the series needs new. I find that the things it does best are minor alterations on the formula that already works. But it's also been a long time since a big series jump--honestly, even though they did contribute to the overarching story, I don't feel like Brotherhood or Revelations were new games--and maybe AC3 will do to AC2 what AC2 originally did for AC1. I'm just (personally) worried that since nothing sounds appealing to me (especially forest-settings..... ugh.), I won't be able to get into the game at all. :( So I'm glad lots of people are so excited about it because it means they're probably doing something right, but I'm very disappointed that I just have zero interest whatsoever.

I don't think the ancestral thing is all that surprising though. (If the game had gone to East Asia or something like I'd wanted, THEN it would be impressive.) Plenty of people of different European descent came to the New World and I'm sure many of them would have, ah, sampled the local cuisine. :P So an Italian-Native American background sounds no different to my French-Native American background in my head--there probably just weren't any stand-alone communities for it or anything. But Desmond's family line seems to follow a fairly normal progression to me~ But maybe it's just because as far as humans go, I'm a bit of a mutt, so that sort of thing sounds completely normal for me. Especially when you consider just how much travelling that Ezio and Altair did over the course of their lives, and even the assassins that you recruit in Brotherhood and Revelations get their fair share of globetrotting. I would be genuinely surprised if some of them didn't take foreign wives here and there or choose to settle down in a completely different country from where they started.

2. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    It's silly but I think I'd feel a bit bad killing the Brits, seeing as I am one.

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Ubisoft has said there will be good and bad Americans in addition to good and bad British. So Connor will likely be assassinating Revolutionaries as well as Loyalists.

4. Cherrim

56%
    I can only hope there will be future-Canadians sitting around whining at the British to come fight for them 'cause it's their land.

But I hope you don't kill any of them.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    What?

6. Cherrim

56%
    :P Canada wasn't a country yet and Britain itself had to send in plenty of troops to fight in the war (which meant a long trip across the ocean). I always imagine it as the ones stationed in what would later become Canada would sort of sit around calling at Britain to come defend their territory if they wanted to keep it since they didn't really care who won either way.

/should probably keep her historical head-canon to herself

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Ooooh. See, when you said "future-Canadians" I thought you meant Canadians from the future. I didn't think you were referring to the context of the game. I was like "what war are we getting into and why do we need Britain?"

8. Cherrim

56%
    ...I'm crazy, but I'm not that crazy. ._.

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Wouldn't they technically be French though? :P

10. Cherrim

56%
    If they were in the area of Quebec, yes, but any of Upper Canada (around Toronto) would be English. The whole thing was a British colony by then anyway though, so technically they were all Brits regardless.

god i'm lame. Starting to think I'd be okay with AC3 if it was Canadian history instead but I am the only person in existence who actually liked Canadian history... especially more than US history. XD;

Still want an AC in East Asia though.