1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Chit Chat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ooka, May 10, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I really, really, really want the gloss pink colour LL that just came out in Japan. Don't care if they're massive, it's gorgeous. *u* I hope it comes out here because then I'll finally have a reason to pick up an English 3DS and won't have to bum off my roommates whenever I'm playing something not imported.

I don't think the white one would be a dust magnet though... they're matte, aren't they? Dust doesn't cling. o_O; If anything, I think any of the darker colours of the original 3DS would be worse with that cheap plastic sheen and all.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'll take the dust over my the constant smudginess that is the glossy black 3DS

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    White stuff doesn't get dusty, it gets dirty. Not sure if it still turns yellow - I know the SNES did.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a 3DS XL this week since they're $159. I'm playing my 3DS a lot more lately and I'm finding it really uncomfortable to hold since it's so small. Plus the XL's screen is supposedly much less glossy/reflective.

4. Cherrim

56%
    Mm, I guess my DS Lite did yellow a bit on the L/R buttons or something. I'd forgotten about that. :(

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Do it! The 3D viewing angle isn't better at all over the standard 3DS, but everything else is so superior that it's no competition. The bigger screens look great, and the bigger system is more comfortable to hold in your hands.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I did it, and I'm really glad I did. The XL is such a huge improvement over the original 3DS. The larger screens make it easier to get immersed in the games, it's a lot more comfortable to hold, and the screen isn't like looking into a mirror.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Oh, did they tone down the glare on the screens too?

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I only see my reflection when the screen is off. When I'm playing something I don't see myself o.o

9. Cherrim

56%
    If I'm playing outside/on the bus with the brightness turned down or it's a really dark scene, I get glare, but otherwise it's not too bad with the 3DS.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The screens are a lot less reflective on the XL, I've noticed. Haven't tried playing it in direct sunlight, but the glare issue seems quite a bit better.