1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Chit Chat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ooka, May 10, 2011.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Watching the Xbox One reveal live. We're 30 minutes into the presentation and there's been no showcase of new games. They're focusing on it being a media device. Oh boy :blink: Looks like I'm getting a PS4.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    For a little while I was disappointed that I'd be missing the conference because it started right when my class started.

I read through my twitter feed to catch up on the way home and wow I missed nothing. Thank you, Japanese class, for saving me from what looks like a total disappointment.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Crappy controller, online passes applied to all used games, seemingly always-online required confirmed... Yeah, I'll stick to Sony and Nintendo. Thanks for saving me a few hundred bucks, Microsoft.

4. Cherrim

56%
    If I buy a game, no one else in the household can play it (on their account) without paying a fee.

What

WHAT

No.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I'll make my final decision once E3 happens but really I'll most likely be getting a Wii U/PS4 combo. It's simple: Sony's out to make the ultimate gaming device while Microsoft's out to make the ultimate cable box. At least that's what I got from today's conference.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The console itself looks like a cable box. It seems to be the realization of what Microsoft has been pushing for since their original Xbox. It's mighty powerful, but I wonder how much of that ends up being dedicated to the superfluousness, like having three operating systems?

Just about everything they mentioned today, I didn't care about. I'm simply not interested and they didn't make any case for me to buy one, but they made a very strong case for me not to buy one. I'm already annoyed with my 360 in that I have multiplayer games that I can't play with my brother unless we get a second console, second copy of the game, and both get a Gold subscription. But now with the One (which is a really stupid name), we can't even share a console without having to pay a fee? >:[ wtf

So, Playstation 4 (plus a Wii U of course :p) it is for me. Hopefully don't need to pay to share a console and I'll probably finally pick up a Netflix subscription since I wouldn't need to pay extra for some Gold equivalent.

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I really feel like Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot with that thing. Yeah, I think PS4 has a lot of bloated crap I'll never use, but at least it is a gaming console first and foremost. Microsoft has developed a media center with gaming capabilities, and the internet connection requirement (even if it's only once every 24 hours) is just stupid. And locked one-time installs are an absolute dealbreaker.

Unless things drastically change in the next year or two, I'll be going Wii U/PS4/PC this gen - Wii U for Nintendo games, PS4 for JP support (Tales, Square) and Sony exclusives, and PC for shooters and whatnot. For a long time the 360 was my favorite console this gen, but looking back on my collection, there were only two or three of my 360 games that I couldn't have gotten on PS3 or PC besides Halo, and I'm not enough of a fan of that series to buy a console just for it.

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The 360 was also the home console for a lot of multi-platform games, so it had a minuscule edge there. But yeah, I think I would have been better with the PS3 in retrospect. I missed more PS3 exclusive I was interested in than I would have 360 exclusives. I picked it up because at the time, everyone preferred it, and there wasn't really anything going on with the PS3. But, then I never really used my single Gold subscription and never renewed it - so whatever the major selling point was I never actually benefited from :c

9. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    This has been clarified. Coming from IGN, "Families using the same home console can use parental controls to allow multiple accounts to access the same game. The MSRP 'fees' will apply if you take a game to another console."

10. Cherrim

56%
    Actually that sort of just makes it sound like the accounts need to be registered together under a master family account except I just looked them up to see the details surrounding them since I haven't since they were announced and... it no longer exists? I bet it means that you have to have the home console locked in as your main console and that's the only one you can play the game on if you aren't the "primary owner" of the game. (Same way you can only download your XBLA titles/DLC on your home console now with the 360.) I bet only the person who first registered the game on the console can take it to other consoles to play it. Unless I guess it's registered to the console and not the player? It sounds far more confusing than it should be, even with that clarification.