1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise/Working Out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've been hitting the gym for the last few months and I have to say I'm starting to notice and feel a difference. I've lost about 14-15 pounds, dropped a waist size and almost a shirt size, and I'm starting to see the slightest hint of muscle building. I still have a ways to go; I'd like to lose about 30 more pounds and get some muscle definition, but it's definitely a good start.

The past couple weeks I haven't been able to make it to the gym because I've been busy and I can honestly say I've noticed a difference in how I feel - I have a lot more energy and just feel a lot better in general when I'm in a routine of working out, so I need to get back to it.

I've been watching my diet and calorie intake too, and I've noticed my eating habits changing. Yeah, occasionally I get cravings I wind up satisfying, but I always get back on track as soon as I'm done and it doesn't seem to affect me as long as I do it in moderation. I have noticed that things are affecting me differently now that I eat them less and I think I might be growing more sensitive to less-than-healthy stuff - for example, I stopped and got a fast food burger the other day because I was in a hurry and kind of had a craving, and as soon as I ate it I felt sick to my stomach for a bit. Normally grilled chicken is my go-to fast food item though if I have to go to a fast food place.

Does anyone else go to the gym or work out? What about diet? Is anyone else trying to get in shape?

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Several years ago, I started a diet and lost a bunch of weight. Then I plateaued. Didn't go back up, but didn't go further down either. Was just stagnant for a loooong time. Didn't deviate from that diet.

Last year though, I had lost some more weight somehow and then I picked up some light exercises to supplement that. Lost a good bit more, which was swell. Felt great.

And then I went on vacation and got out of the grove for both vacation and exercise. And then I was sick a lot. And busy. And exercise stopped.

And now I don't know where I stand as I haven't weighed myself in ages lol I could be the same, up, down, I haven't the foggiest.

Contemplating picking up some light exercise again though, as I did enjoy that

3. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    I don't really go out of my way to exercise, as my job has me on my feet for eight hours a day, but I do watch what I eat. I've recently cut out soda, and I can eat three meals a day without snacking, so that's good. I don't have a weight goal, as if I did lose weight I'd probably blow away in the breeze, but it doesn't hurt to be (a little) healthy.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    As skinny as you are, you probably need to concentrate more on the working out part rather than the dieting. :P
    Plus snacking is actually healthy as long as your snacks don't consist of junk.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    We're contemplating getting a corporate gym membership at work. And it'd be valid at a place within walking distance of me.

So, if that goes through I'd sign up.

Because if there's one thing more important to me than being healthy, it's money being frugal.