1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The last movie you saw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It's going to be even more of a WTF moment for you then when you first see Bilbo moving at super sonic speed. It's ridiculous

(I so did not enjoy Hobbit enough to watch it twice XD)

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I just want to see the HFR version! It has more to do with curiosity regarding that than the actual movie.

Although Martin Freeman is a cutie and I just want to pat him on the head like a puppy so I've no qualms with seeing it again. n_n

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Saw Iron Man 3 today and thought it was great. Better than number two and the Avengers (not sure if I should even compare it to that since it's technically not an Iron Man movie) but not better than the first one. Now to be fair I know nothing about Iron Man. I don't know if there has ever been an Iron Man tv show and I've never read an Iron Man comic book (or any comic book for that matter). However, I thought the Mandarin was the worst thing about the movie. I won't spoil anything here about the plot or anything but I just felt the character was unnecessary. It really would have been a better film if he wasn't in it at all. All I know about him is that he is supposedly Iron Man's arch nemesis. Personally, I think this will be the last Iron Man film (he'll probably appear in the Avengers 2 but then that's it for Iron Man) and so that's why the Mandarin was in this film: because they felt they had to include him. It was now or never so let's just throw him in and make the fans happy, although it will most likely have the opposite effect.

Other than that, great film. Especially the action sequences.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Watched The Hobbit last night finally. Read my thoughts in that thread. :P

I bought Wreck-It Ralph yesterday too...going to watch that at some point this week probably.

5. Cherrim

56%
    Watched Tangled with my roommate the other day. We drove out to Toronto for the weekend and all we listened to in the car was a Disney playlist so we were really itching to watch a Disney movie.

In theatres, the last two movies I saw were both Iron Man 3. Saw the "midnight" showing when it came out (even though it was at 9:30 on Thursday o_O) and then took my mom to see it in D-Box on Mother's Day. Glad I tried the whole D-Box thing out eventually but it was so not worth it. :( I usually like kinda gimmicky things but this one was just... annoying. Interesting to do once and I think Iron Man 3 was a fun movie to have it for but I won't ever be spending extra money on it again.

My thoughts on Iron Man 3 pretty much echo DS93's. I liked the Mandarin character up until the big reveal and then it just fell very flat. :( Overall though, I really, really liked the movie. It was a good action movie in that there wasn't too much gore and while a lot of silly things happened, the writing never left me going "okay why are they in this place? It has nothing to do with anything" which is a problem I have with a lot of blockbuster films. And FPS games, go figure. :P

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Still haven't seen Tangled :( Or Wreck It Ralph. For a Disney fan, I'm really behind on the new stuff ;;

Last movie I saw was Iron Man 3. Was sceptical going in because of the director switch and I generally didn't like the direction Avengers seemed to indicate the Marvel universe was headed. I didn't like the big reveal (or the plot mostly after that, but it was okay), liked the character we were being shown at the start a lot more than who we ended up with. Also, what does that all mean for the Ten Rings' presence in the first two films? But, good action and a lot of Stark. Best one for me after the original film, Avengers included. Enjoyed it.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Seriously, go watch both Tangled and Wreck-it Ralph asap. I'll sit here and wait. They're both so good, you owe it to yourself to see them. D:

TRIFORCE89 likes this.
  8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I hope to. But you've got a lot of sitting to do XD

9. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Saw Star Trek (2009) yesterday and Into Darkness today. I enjoyed the sequel more. Much more exciting and interesting. I typically like the first entry in a franchise the least (of course, there has been exceptions) because it has to waste time introducing the audience to everything. And that's why I enjoyed Into Darkness more. It was immediately and frequently great.

10. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I watched Titanic for the first time tonight. Teared up probably much more than I should have. It was such a beautiful movie.