1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The last movie you saw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Andy

Andy Level 5

20%
    I saw The Help at the cinemas for the second time last night. It's an amazing movie. Simply amazing. You think it's gonna be nice and sweet but **** goes DOWN!

2. Hybrid Trainer

Hybrid Trainer ℋybrid

73%
    Mine was The Nightmare Before Christmas :3
    I watch that thing like a billion times between October and December xD It's my favourite movie ever

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Watched Children of Men for the first time. The film, made in 2006, takes place in the future and in one of the scenes it references the flu pandemic of 2009, which actually happened!!! Weird.

4. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I re watched Sudden Impact the other night, it's not the best Dirty Harry film, but it's definately good.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I recently watched Hugo and The Adventures of Tintin in theatres. I enjoyed Tintin more than Hugo. It reminded me a lot of the Indiana Jones films. A good popcorn movie.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    It was basically a cartoon Indiana Jones, which was a good way for Spielberg to approach it. You could tell he was having fun making it. But, the pirate dream/flash-back sequence ran way too long.

And... Hugo was waaay better. Magical.

In any event, its interesting to see great film makers experiment with new techniques. Scorsese with his first 3D film (the brilliant "Hugo"), Spielberg with his first animated picture (Tin Tin), Brad Bird of the Iron Giant, The Incredibles, and Ratatouille with his first live-action and IMAX film (Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol), and next year Nolan with an almost entirely shot-for-IMAX Batman film. It's neat to watch these.

7. turtle

turtle fifa anyone??????????????

90%
    contagion and it owned a LOT
    so sad

poor matt damon

8. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    I saw Beauty and the Beast on a 2D screen this week. I have vague memories of watching it when it originally premiered (I was 5 or so at the time) and just wanted to experience it as an adult. I was underwhelmed, but I'm a jaded bastard anyways so that's probably my fault, hah.

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I was hanging out with some furs on Sunday night, and we went to one of their houses to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. It's an amazing movie, I wish I had went to see it in theaters. xD Really wanna read the comics now.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I like it for its animation and the musical score. But, it's never been a movie I enjoyed watching all that much. I think it works better on stage, oddly.