1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The last movie you saw

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Saw Beauty and the Beast in 3D the other day with my roommates. It was excellent. It might have been a little better had we not watched it on DVD a few months ago (it was a bit too fresh in our heads) but I still really enjoyed it. The 3D transition went so well. The lines were so clear, the colours so vibrant, and the depth just really added to it. It looks so much better and it really made me appreciate the animation more. And, of course, the music was to die for in the big theatre. (They also upgraded the theatre so we got to sit in these kick-ass leather reclining chairs. I love my theatre now!)

Last movie I saw that wasn't in theatres was Hercules. :3 It was $10 so I picked up the DVD. My roommates and I have just been on a really big Disney kick lately.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The last movie I saw in theatres was Jurassic Park. Local theatre had a $5 screening tonight. Ooo that was a lot of fun! And it sounded terrific!

I have a sneaking suspicion it was Blu-ray instead of film though. But, oh well. It was $5, can't complain.

But, really... the sound. The sound. *___*

I never saw it in theatres before. Because I was... just a few days shy of turning four when it first came out? So, this was a fun experience.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    A few friends and I watched Real Steel last night. I didn't think it was going to be all that great, but I actually really liked it. The robots weren't as silly as the previews made them out to be. Also, you can't go wrong with Hugh Jackman. :P

That sounds awesome. One of my local theaters is starting to do showings similar to that, I hope they get around to picking movies that are actually good though. xD

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Rewatched the Lord of the Rings movies - extended editions of course. Definitely the greatest fantasy movies ever made and some of the greatest movies overall ever made. I wish I had them on Blu-ray though.

5. Andy

Andy Level 5

20%
    I saw Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close last night. It was a decent film, Sandra Bullock was amazing with the inexcusably small amount of screentime she was given. Not the BEST film I've ever been to, but I'm definitely I went to see it, if only for her performance.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Watched Inception for the third time (first in theaters, second time a plane, third at home). Still a good movie but it doesn't quite have the same impact as when you first see it.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I want to re-watch these this year before going to see The Hobbit.

I want them on Blu-ray too but... idk... the DVDs still look good. And Fellowship on Blu has some colour tinting issues, so that's my excuse XD If I found them cheap, I'd buy though.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've heard that the LOTR Blu-rays are pretty disappointing, but the Extended Editions are much better than the theatrical. Of course, why anyone would want to watch anything but the EEs is beyond me.

Still, for some of the greatest movies of all time, that were such cinematic showpieces when they came out (and still are today), it's disappointing that they didn't make the HD releases perfect.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I thought the EEs were pretty good except for Fellowship's greenishness. At least they didn't intentionally make them bad like Star Wars and Lucas' frequent changes. Vader screams "Nooooooooo!" ala EpIII in EpVI now :(

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    That's why I said no one should watch anything but the EEs. They're far superior to the theatrical editions.

And yeah, I heard about that. All those stupid changes Lucas made are the main reason I never got the Star Wars Blu-rays even though they were cheap a few months ago.