1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Platformers still have some charm but I find in order to get me interested, they have to have a neat mechanic like Braid or Cave Story. Or at the very least co-op or something.

I'm actually pretty okay with this most recent gen's offerrings. There are still so many games that came out in the last decade that I simply haven't had a chance to play yet because I'm still trying to get through everything else. Yeah, the majority of really popular games just don't really appeal to me (FPSes, MMOs, sports, etc.) but even the things I am interested in are so saturated that I still have plenty to play. Hell, I'll be just fine if next gen offers nothing for a long time since it gives me a chance to deal with a bit more of my backlog. :P I don't really have any complaints about genres for this gen.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    There's always been more terrible platformers than good. Overwhelmingly so. The last generation had a very small handful of original standouts. But also some that were superb but more traditional outings. And then... just a bunch of bland and clones. Which kinda sums up the genre on every generation

3. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%