1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The WiiU

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Marz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Almost a year later, has anyone's opinion changed about the Wii U? Are you more excited or less excited after Nintendo's showing at E3 last month? Plan on getting the console at launch or waiting to see what comes of it?

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm indifferent to it. The hardware looks neat, but the majority of what we've seen is just ports of games that've already been released on other consoles, and while I'm glad Nintendo will finally have those games, it doesn't change the fact that there are already a lot of people who own them, and probably won't buy them a second time. Plus, from what I've seen, Nintendo still isn't going to get their online stuff quite right; messages posted for other players to see will be delayed (They have good intentions, but still), for one. I really wish that Nintendo would realize that simply trying to be different from other console-makers simply won't cut it, and that there are some things they really must do if they want to get back all the "hardcore" (I hate using that term) gamers they lost with the Wii.

There are some games I'm looking forward to, though. ZombiU looks pretty awesome, and Rayman Legends looks really fun. I'm also excited to see how Assassin's Creed III will be on the system (If it'll perform any better than the other console versions, etc.).

... Is it bad that the only games I'm excited about on the console are from the same non-Nintendo publisher?

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    The Wii U itself still excites me due to the gameplay possibilities. But the software is a downer. Really, all I want so far is Pikmin 3 and Scribblenauts Unlimited so I probably won't buy the Wii U at launch.

4. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    I honestly forgot the Wii-U was even coming out

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I think this says so much about the console. xD

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I can't unequate the Wii U with the idea of endless ports of old games that were too technically intense for the Wii now so I'm not really looking forward to it in any way. Not that I was to begin with.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    From what's been announced, I'm looking forward to Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros. U.

Don't look at me like that... The baby Yoshi powerup mechanic in NSMBU looks kind of interesting. Honest. I'm not touching New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS though.

But, I really don't know if I'm picking it up this year. I want to know how 2013 is going to look first I think. No big platformer (Mario? Retro Banjo rumour? Camelot DK rumour?) and no Zelda on horizon so I don't need to jump in just yet.

8. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    So that will be 4 NSMB games, all with next to no notable differences and that are all retailed at full price? Christ..

9. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Yeah, NSMB2 is very...blah. From what I've seen it's very, very, very similar to past 'New' entries and the whole 'work hard and strive to get those 1,000,000 coins, it's totally worth it' thing Nintendo's been pushing is embarrassing. For those who want to know what the 1,000,000 coins unlocks click the spoiler tag
    Getting 1,000,000 coins unlocks a new title screen...that's it. :rolleyes:

10. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    ... Yeah, that's a cash-grab alright.