1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The WiiU

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Marz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    That's actually really pathetic. As much as they've been touting "Get 1,000,000 coins for something amazing!" and that's it? This entire game just seems so contrived. The worst part is that it'll inevitably sell millions. :/

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    So guys... I kinda-sorta really want a Wii U now. :c

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I've said this before but I don't plan on getting the Wii U any time soon. The Wii U itself is exciting and I do want one but not now simply because of the lack of games that interests me:

Definitely want
    Pikmin 3
    Scribblenauts Unlimited

Somewhat want
    007 Legends

Kind of want but not really
    Wii Fit U

...that's 4 games (2 for sure). Buying a brand new system just for 2 games is not a smart purchase so I'll probably wait until after March to get the Wii U.

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Hmm... I guess I should make a list, too.

- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    - Bayonetta 2
    - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    - Assassin's Creed III
    - New Super Mario Bros. U (It's grown on me)
    - Pikmin 3
    - 007 Legends
    - Skylanders Giants
    - Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    - Darksiders II
    - ZombiU

I'm especially excited about MH3U, Black Ops II, and AC3. They seem like they'll be great on the system.

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I'm interested in:
    - 007 Legends (I loved GoldenEye:Wii and Legends wasn't slated for a Wii release. Now I can play it with Wii motion controls and in HD. Yay!)
    - Pikmin 3 (I love the original, not so much the sequel. But I've been waiting almost a decade for the threequel and here it is, finally. And it looks pretty)
    - New Super Mario Bros. U (I hate this subseries. I've entirely ignored NSMB2 on the 3DS. But this looks very SMW inspired. The backgrounds look good and Mario-ey for the first time in this subseries. The Bab Yoshi mechanic looks interesting. I like the introduction of challenges to the Mario sidescroller series as a whole)

But! I don't like the price or the right control stick placement on the tablet or controller. So, I'm waiting for a price drop at least.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Any interest I may have had got killed when they announced the $299/349 price tag. That's way too steep for 6-7 year old hardware, the first-party library in the launch window is pathetic, and the other games are mostly available on 360/PS3, which I already own. I just can't really justify buying one of these things in the forseeable future.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I know. It is way too high. I could pick up a PS3 with the Uncharted trilogy for $200 in total

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    How could you do that? The cheapest PS3 is $249. o_O
    But still, if the system were $50 cheaper and had even one really big exclusive game at launch (a Zelda, Metroid, or even a 3D Mario - not another NSMB cash-in), I'd have to have one at launch. As it is, I can wait.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I don't know. It was in my local Best Buy (I think?) flyer the other day and I was eyeballing it because that is a damn tempting price and combination. Maybe a price error? But I don't think so, just seemed like a promotion.

Anyway, yes to the rest. I agree with that. Like, I don't even know that I'll like Pikmin 3. There are currently two games in this series and I only like one of them. A 50% batting average isn't giving me great hope XD

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've never actually played Pikmin, but from what I can see of Pikmin 3, it doesn't look like something that would sell me on the system. Right now there aren't any exclusives that have even been revealed that would make me want the Wii U - and I can get the multiplatform games on PS3 or 360.