1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The WiiU

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Marz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Play Pikmin! For some reason the first one is a lot easier to find on GCN than Wii online. And the second one is out right now for Wii at a cheap price.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Demo units are in stores. I tried one in Target yesterday. Unfortunately, all it had were videos and no actual game demos, but the main thing I noticed was how surprisingly comfortable the GamePad is to hold. Yes, it's huge, so it may just be because I have big hands, but it fit so well in my hands and it's surprisingly light.

3. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Not about to splash out on a console that only now lives up to the standards of a gen that'll be done within a year especially when it has zero exclusive games that interest me. Like Geoff I'll stick my PS3 and 360 for multiplat

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Haven't been out to a EB Games or Best Buy or anything recently, so haven't tried the demo units if they're out and about. Will keep an eye out though

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Launch in just a couple hours! Interested in seeing how long the shortages last.

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Are they actually predicting shortages? I haven't heard any hype about the Wii U and I don't know anyone who's getting one, despite being in fairly large gaming circles.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    In the last month, lots of retailers have been reporting they have shortages and won't be able to meet demand.

Don't know if that's true or not or if they just want to hype it up though. There have been some production problems though, for the European market

There will be the usual thing with lineups for launch, but I don't see this taking off like the Wii did. I didn't see any commercials for it until a few days ago. I don't think the general non-gaming public even knows about this yet like they did for the Wii

But, we'll see. Who knows? Can never tell with Nintendo

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Yeah, even EB Games Canada sent out a message saying any pre-orders past a certain date couldn't be guaranteed for the initial shipment. I think a lot of the purchases are from the idiots who buy the system and sell them on eBay at over twice the MSRP, though.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Yep. There's been a fair bit of that. Not moving as fast as the Wii did yet. Let's see how this goes come holiday time

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    The sad part is, even though I know it's totally not worth it right now and I should wait for more games + working out of launch kinks, I really kind of want one now after seeing a lot of the initial impressions. Pretty impressed - I'm just really not too into the launch lineup.