1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The WiiU

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Marz, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    From what I understand, the Wii U version of Darksiders II is the best since it performs better and comes packed with some of the DLC.

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    What Rhys said. The Wii U version of DS2 apparently runs better than the 360/PS3 versions, plus it has all the DLC. And you're basically saying to get the Wii U for only exclusive games and not buy any multiplatform games on it? :P

Still, I'm not going to pay full price for a game that's available for a lot less on other consoles.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    that's exactly what I'm saying

No, just... not old stuff. Going forward, sure. And hopefully the Wii U ends up being the home console for some future multiplatform titles.

I didn't know it runs better on the Wii U. That seems weird to me, would not have expected that.

Cost it out then. Is it cheaper to get it and the DLC on another platform?

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Does it actually run better or did they just add in extra things (like with the Wii U tablet thingy)? And how much better is better? It's available on the PC and with Steam sales, it would have to run flawlessly with awesome additions for me to ever consider buying a port on the Wii U over the PC version.
    No one said that. We were saying not to buy ports, especially at double the price of other platforms. When games come out that are genuinely multiplatform--have come out on the same day for all three consoles and were obviously developed for all three in tandem--then that's fine.

Darksiders II is probably on the border of port and naturally developed with the Wii U in mind. The Wii U was announced, what, a year ago? And Darksiders II seems to have come out in August (for some reason I thought it was about half a year old) so arguably they could have made sure to keep the Wii U version consistent instead of just a port/afterthought but I'd be very surprised if the other ports like Arkham City or Mass Effect 3 got the same treatment. I know they're getting Wii U exclusive features but the games weren't developed for the Wii U so it would have to be a very lovingly handled port to be impressive enough to merit full price on either game, especially since you can get both for

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I know ME3 and Arkham City are apparently pretty rough ports, but BO2, AC3, and DS2 are more comparable to their other console brethren - closer to a normal multiplatform release. The main reason I won't get AC3 on Wii U is because I've played all the others on 360 and it just seems right to finish things up on the same console - plus 360 actually has people playing online.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    What do you mean 'finish things up'? Is AC3 the last AC game?

7. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    iirc it's supposed to be the end of Desmond's story. But I don't have the game so I might be totally off, haha.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Nah, Ubisoft's gone on record saying that AC3 isn't the last AC game, it's just the last game with Desmond in it.

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    AC3 is pretty comparable to other consoles from what I've seen, and is the same price. It's just that everyone I know either has it or will have it on 360, and if I want to play online with them I need to get it on 360 too. Plus I'm just used to the 360 controller for that series and I think it'd be an adjustment to get AC3 on some other console. Same thing for Black Ops 2 - I could get it on Wii U since it's just as good as on the 360/PS3, but there's hardly anyone playing it online, whereas there are thousands on XBL.

Darksiders 2, though, is apparently best on Wii U. You can play it on the GamePad, it looks better in some areas, and it includes the DLC. I still can't bring myself to pay $60 for it though - maybe $40.

On the other hand, there's absolutely no way that I'd get Arkham City on Wii U. The additions seem really unnecessary, and the Game of the Year Edition on 360/PS3 was $20 on Black Friday. Plus the framerate is really rough from the vids I've seen. It's actually an inferior version of the game, and they're charging $60 for it.

10. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I hear good things about it and its future. I can only hope it succeeds. I love me some Nintendo and don't like to see them do poorly. Hopefully they can come up with some fantastic stuff like always.