1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Grr, I wish Nintendo hadn't taken that off the eShop. I really want to play it.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    If it makes you feel better, you're not missing anything XD Worst of the FS trilogy. Basically Zelda if it were just a dungeon crawler

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Just finished Resident Evil 6 a few hours ago, fantastic game. I'm returning it tomorrow to pre-order Fire Emblem: Awakening though, since I know that RE6 will likely be cheaper within a few months. I also just started Metro 2033 since a friend is letting me borrow it.

I played it when they first released it on my friend's DSi, and it was alright wit my other friends. I just wish I could try it again. I never got to do the added levels that were themed after the other Zelda games.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Really getting absorbed into The Last Story. It's such a fun game, the plot is sucking me in (even if it is pretty generic), I love most of the characters, and it's paced so much better than other RPGs. I'm plowing through it and I'd really like to have it beaten in the next week or so (before the end of the month would be great!).

On the side I'm replaying Pokemon White, and in a few months I'll pick up White 2 and Memory Link with it - then I'll transfer Challenge Mode from Black 2, which I'm hoping will be more fun than the normal playthrough.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I thought you weren't going to start that until you finished Xenoblade. :(

At the moment, I'm playiiing:

LEGO Lord of the Rings
    Picked this up for $8 at GOG the other day. I'm playing through it as I rewatch the movies and it's excellent. Finally figured out how to be totally annoying with Legolas & stealing all the studs (lol) while standing still. 8) But it's okay because stud collection is really annoying in this game. They bounce out of reach and off cliffs waaay more than I ever noticed in LEGO HP. :[ It's frustrating.

Persona 3 Portable
    Really got into this. I think I'm nearing the end (I'm in January) and man I'm already itching to do another playthrough to fix the things I did wrong this time but I absolutely don't have time for that. T_T; I've really enjoyed the game, though, even if it's a bit grindy even for me.

Okami HD
    I'm hoping to finish this over the weekend, if possible. I've pretty much just entered Kamui so I'm getting pretty close. I wanted to do a full completion on this since I never did it with the PS2 version but it's taken me longer than expected to play through and with Ni no Kuni arriving next week, I just won't have time. :(

Tales of Graces f
    Have started my final playthrough (well, my completion playthrough :P). I'm just finishing up trophies, filling the collector's book, and maxing titles this time around. Grindy stuff. Not too far in yet... just heading back to Lhant for the first time as an adult.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Xenoblade is 80-100 hours, TLS is 20-30. Also, I'm playing Xenoblade on the side since there's a lot of questing and stuff.

7. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Kingdom Hearts 3D, thanks to Geoff. I'm actually really far into the game now-- I've beaten all of Sora's bosses, while I'm on Young Xehanort as Riku. The story seems sort of confusing to me (Which is surprising; up until Birth by Sleep, I fully understood the series. I think I may just be a bit rusty since I haven't played KH in a long time), but the game itself is reeeaaally fun. Also, (spoilers for KH3D and BbS) Riku's fight against Ansem, SoD gave me the same hand cramp I got when I fought Terranort at the end of Aqua's story in BbS. Coincidence?

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    Into the later half of my Zelda series playthrough now! After this just ALttP, OoS, OoA, LA, LoZ, and AoL left. All the oldies. Looking forward to the GBC trio

Pushmo
    Original and fun. Nice to see a new IP from Nintendo. Wish it had more than one song though. In the later quarter or so of the game, unless there are more worlds that open up later I'm not aware of. Stuck on a puzzle right now :(

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
    Just because

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Dead Island - A friend's letting me borrow this. It's a lot more fun than I expected-- I heard that it's a lot like Borderlands (A game that I hate with a burning passion), but if anything, it feels more like an open-world Left 4 Dead. The close-range combat is really fun. I'm playing as Xian, and I'm currently... I'm not sure what mission I'm on. I just finished the one where you go into the building, find a guy some morphine, and take a car. :P

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Currently level grinding. I'm at the end of the game, but (spoiler) Young Xehanort keeps kicking my butt. :(

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - Went to G2K Games today after I stopped by Wal-Mart, and saw it at a low price, so I decided to pick it up. It's a lot of fun so far, though I'm not all that far into it. I like the mission-based structure, and the visuals are pretty decent for a fully 3D DS game. My biggest complaint would be the controls, but after switching to a button layout where the camera is moved with both L and R, they aren't a problem at all.

10. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Still playing Black 2. On my way to the Giant Chasm, so I guess I'm about to encounter Kyurem.