1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (HD)
    Finished Sora's story tonight and started Riku's. I expect I'll be done by the time I go home for a while and I'll probably just do some completion when I'm at my mom's house, assuming her PS3 works okay. (It's kinda laggy.) Otherwise I guess I'm taking a break soon. :(

Picross e2
    Picked this up as my exam study procrastination tool. It's pretty good for the price and it's picross... you can't really go wrong.

I guess Persona 4 Golden is still on the list but I haven't really touched it in ages since I'm stuck in a dungeon and dungeons are so damn tedious. T_T; I picked up and beat Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective again instead and now Picross is commanding all my handheld attention. Plus, I'll probably get around to Tales of the Abyss before I get back to P4G whoops.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Still Assassin's Creed III, partly because I don't like it that much and partly because I haven't much TV gaming access

Almost finished my Super Mario Galaxy 2 replay. Only doing a Mario-run, going to ignore greenstache

And started Bastion. Don't know why but the constant narrator thing really makes it captivating XD

EDIT: Swap out Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Super Metroid :p

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm going through several games at the moment.

Far Cry 3 (PS3) - I just rescued... I believe Jason's girlfriend? That, or she's one of his friends. The one who wanted to go back to America before all hell broke loose, I don't know. Story's not too awesome so far, but the rest of the game is spectacular.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) - Slowly working through everyone's story modes. The only ones I've finished so far are Jak's and Ratchet's, though. Speaking of Ratchet...

Ratchet & Clank HD (PS3) - Just finished Metropolis, or at least the first time around. Not sure if you return there in the story later on.

Metal Gear Solid (PSone Classic via PS3) - Just encountered the DARPA chief and Psycho Mantis. Gotta say, I LOVE this game's focus on stealth, and to an extent, exploration. It tells you where you need to go, but how you get there is largely up to you to find out, it seems.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) - The last major thing I remember was Chrom's sister dying. Haven't played it too much lately. :/

4. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Finally started Assassin's Creed III today. In terms of presentation, the game is great. But in terms of gameplay, it feels like I'm just helping a movie tell its story. I just keep walking up to something, pressing a button, and watching a cutscene. It doesn't feel like I'm playing a game. Hopefully this changes as I get further into the game or else this will probably be the last game I get in the AC series because frankly it's boring so far (I actually think I yawned a couple times while playing).

5. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I yawned too. And nope, stays that away until like Sequence 10 XD

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Still playing Fire Emblem Awakening - been trying to get all the child characters, but I may just go ahead and beat the game. I think I only have about 4-5 more chapters left. Still a fantastic game.

Also been playing more Lego City Undercover lately. Definitely the best Lego game I've played, though the driving controls are iffy at best. Lots of humor though. Right now I'm at the beginning of Chapter 6.

7. Cherrim

56%
    Whee, it's been a while.

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories HD
    YUP STILL TRUCKIN' ALONG. Only trophies left are LV99 with Riku (I'm at level 89) and Beginner/Normal mode trophies for both Riku and Sora. Levelling is tedious but I don't expect the difficulty trophies will take too long and I'm so close now!

Tales of the Abyss 3D
    Taking this really slowly. I need to be able to hear what people are saying to follow the story properly and it's not very often I can play this with the sound on, unlike most other handheld games I have. :( I'm not used to handheld games demanding so much attention anymore. I'm only in St. Binah for the first time.

The Walking Dead
    I didn't really care for the first episode of it so I was a bit hesitant to continue, but I'm kinda hooked after episode 2. Episode 3 is disappointing plot/character-wise but I'll be sticking with it to the end, for sure. When I started playing, I couldn't understand why everyone loved the game but I definitely understand now, although some decisions it makes me do (like specific conversation choices) really bother me. Generally it's good about giving you a good selection, so you can be nice to someone or mean to someone or neutral but with this one character, it's never giving me any options to be nice and I actually like the character and sympathize so I'd like to be nice. >:/

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Started up Assassin's Creed III yesterday because I got sick of a certain co-webbie nagging me to play it. On Sequence 2 right now - it's really going slow right now, but it's better than...

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, which I have to force myself to play. It's really clunky and I'm not a big fan of the characters. Hopefully it won't take too long to get through it though.

9. Cherrim

56%
    ...yeah, since I'm already iffy as hell about playing AC3 itself, I imagine I'll never get to AC3:L. I only own it because it was the cheapest bundle when I bought my PSV but you are not making it sound worthwhile to drag myself through. :s Maybe I should just sell it.

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Maybe it'll get better - I'm still not that far into the game. It's better than Bloodlines, at least, but that's not hard. :x