1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you game on?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Tera Flame

Tera Flame Level 3

36%
    I have 2 TVs, one of them I got a few years ago and put in my brother's room because that's where all the games used to be.
    ~ 37" Olevia HDTV
    This is the one in my brother's room, it's still my TV because I paid $700-800 for it. And this was back in 2008 so it has a little age on it. If I were to play Final Fantasy XIII again then it'd be on that TV because my save file is on that PS3.
    ~ 32" Samsung HDTV
    This one is in my room (I got it last year I believe). The reason why I wanted a little smaller TV for my room was because it sits on my desk. I didn't want something that'd break it (because it's a glass desk), but at the same time I wanted something big enough where I could do gaming on as well as watch movies on. A 32" might be a little overkill... but it fits so I'm happy with it.

And to tie all of that together as far as sound I have a 7.1 audio headset that I always use in not only gaming but watching movies as well.

2. KingManta

KingManta Level 5

88%
    Wow all you guys are console gamers.
    I game on my laptop, it has an absolutely stunning 15.6" premium Asus LCD screen.
    Just kidding, it's a normal laptop screen but it does the job.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's been over two years, and new consoles are coming out soon. Has anyone upgraded their gaming TV or gotten any new goodies in their setup in that time? Or are you planning on getting anything new to complement a new console?

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    My TV is still perfect, so no on that front.

But my sound system is showing it's age. When I do eventually pick up a PS4, I'll get surround sound out of it. But can't on the Wii U :( Only takes HDMI-out for 5.1.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've been contemplating doing some TV shopping. My TV is still great but it's having some (very minor) image retention issues, and I'd love to have a bigger 1080p for my gaming - especially since I'll have a PS4 sometime in the next year or so. Nothing's really jumped out at me yet, but if I find a good sale I might just be tempted to pick something up. My old TV will probably be relegated to being a bedroom TV once I get my own place.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'm going to bump this because I got a new TV about...I guess it's been a month or so ago. I'm now the happy owner of a 40" 1080p Bravia. I always thought that my old TV was fantastic - and it still is really good and I plan to use it as a bedroom TV when I get my own place - but this one just blows it out of the water. Blacks are so much deeper, colors pop more, and input lag and motion are much better than my old TV.

7. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I haaaave a brand new 60" in the living room that I've yet to game on, but patiently waiting for the chance to hook up a system to. >:)

In my room, I've got a 42" 1080p Emerson. It's worked great and I've had it for several years thanks to a Black Friday sale my dad decided to check out. :D

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    And I'm back to the 26", lol. I had to return my new TV because it developed a black spot about the size of a pencil eraser (cluster of dead pixels, I guess). The plan was to exchange it, but they simply credited my card and said I could go rebuy it. I couldn't bring myself to spend the money again, especially since it was $20 more than I paid for it, and I also had used my annual cash back reward coupon to buy it (which knocked $150 off the price - yeah, I got that credited back on my card in the refund, but it's different when you're spending your own money). My old TV still works fine...so I guess it's back to that!

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    ...only lasted two and a half weeks before I missed it and went back and replaced it, haha.

I never realized how much worse the black levels were on my old TV. The new one also has lower input lag - it was even slightly noticeable when I was playing Tropical Freeze last night.

10. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    Shame on you, Geoff. Should've bought me fancy things instead.

Our Vizio, the 60", has been acting up a bit. We're somewhat worried, as we've heard some horror stories. :(