1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last game you bought?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Cherrim, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Caved in and bought Titanfall for PC, along with the season pass at a discounted price. Also canceled my Ground Zeroes pre-order; instead, I'll just hunt down a used copy at GameStop, should be able to get it for $20 using a coupon I have.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on Vita, for me. I wasn't sure if I'd be buying it or not until Monday night when I caved and pre-ordered it last minute on Amazon because I saw they still hadn't bumped up their prices like the rest of Canada. Oops! It just arrived today and I don't have time to play it yet but I am still very excited.

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Not sure if it counts as "buying" when the currency was Club Nintendo coins, but the last game I picked up would be PiCTOBiTS.

I haven't tried it out yet :\

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    With all the sales going on the last few days, I picked up Arma II, Batman: Arkham Origins and Guilty Gear: Isuka for Steam. I also bought Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy from the PlayStation Network, though that wasn't on sale sadly.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Picked up Mario Kart 8 along with a Gamer's Club Unlocked subscription at Best Buy yesterday. The GCU subscription gives me 20% off games for two years along with some other perks, and it was half-price so it only cost me $60. I'd only need to buy 5 games over 2 years to make up the price, so I think it was well worth it. Only wound up paying $48 for Mario Kart, and I have the free game code although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it since I don't really want a digital copy of either of those games.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Going to double post. I got Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze last night after debating picking it up for a while. I've beaten the first world and I'm really enjoying it...wasn't sure I would since I don't normally like obscenely hard 2D platformers, but this one hasn't been too difficult so far. I'm sure gratuitous swearing is in my future though.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Have you done a mine cart level yet? I'm assuming they're in this game. Since they are a staple of the series.

You will utter swear words you didn't know existed.

Anyway, I picked up Mario Kart 8 today and am in the process of grabbing Zelda: Wind Waker as part of that digital promo.

Did you find DK on sale at all, Geoff? I almost snagged it on sale a couple weeks back but they were out of stock ;__;

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I picked up a copy of Frequency at a local flea market yesterday. Was excited to give it a try...

... until the PS2 I was going to go back to get was bought by someone else. Was gonna be $30 for a slim black PS2, two official Sony controllers (in good shape!), an official Sony memory card, and a complete copy of Need for Speed: Undercover. Sigh.

9. Klippy

Klippy Resident Animal Crosser

30%
    I recently got my Wii U (NintendoLand included) with Mario Kart 8! I got Wind Waker HD as my free game and jumped on getting ZombiU for $13 off Amazon.

If you haven't yet picked up ZombiU and you're a Wii U owner, it's actually awesome. Really fun game and I've just discovered you can find other players as zombies if they've died and then posted on MiiVerse. So awesome.

10. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Picked up Mario Kart 8 today. My mom bought a Wii U last week as a Netflix box (and because she wanted my brother and I to have something to play when we visited) so I was going to pick it up before the free game expired anyway, but my roommate bought a Wii U on a whim today so I got it a bit early. He got the Wii U with Wind Waker HD included and I was going to pick that as my free game, but if I play it before he moves out in a few months I'll probably be fine so I'm thinking of picking a different game instead. I'll consult with my brother first though. :P