1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What will get you to buy a next-gen console?

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I like how it's been about a year and most people are like "oh, well it turns out [x] was what made me get a next-gen console".

My answer is still Kingdom Hearts but I no longer care enough about a Snap sequel on Wii U to get one, lol.

Though I sort of have a Wii U now, in that my mom owns one for Netflix so I buy games for it and play them when I'm visiting her house, but I don't think that counts. I still don't have any desire to get one of my own because playing it once every few months is more than enough.

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Still looking at a PS4 over an Xbone for sure. Just don't know what the trigger will be. Nothing announced really jumping out at me at the moment.

Likely Batman though I guess. Coupled with the rumours of all the Kingdom Hearts (including 3D) being re-remastered for PS4... also tempting.

3. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    When they announced FFX/X-2 HD for PS4, that was as good as an announcement for KH as well. There's noooooo way they won't take advantage of this in order to pad another KH release in before KH3. Might even come with a remastered KH3D if they take long enough, since several producers have gone on record saying it would be weird if 3D doesn't get the same treatment sometime. I would be so, so, so surprised if it doesn't happen.

4. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Yeah, that's what I was getting at with the 3D. I've seen those quotes and comments on several threads elsewhere.

I'm hopeful. It'd be nice if that happens. I'd certainly feel better about skipping PS2 and PS3