1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What're you watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rhys, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    This is pretty much all I watch. It's quite sad really.

ABC
    Jimmy Kimmel Live!
    The Academy Awards

NBC
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
    The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

CBS
    The Amazing Race
    SURVIVOR
    Emmy Awards (it's weird that I watch this since I never see any of the shows that are nominated)

TBS
    Conan

The Comedy Network
    The Colbert Report
    The Daily Show

CNN
    Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

The CW
    Whose Line is it Anyway?

Food Network Canada
    Top Chef
    Top Chef Masters

HBO
    Real Time with Bill Maher

No dramas. No comedies. Just variety shows and a couple reality shows. :(

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    ...I don't know why that's sad. That's more than I watch, haha.

I watched a few anime over the summer but they ended this past week. Now? I uh... I guess I'm watching S2 of Legend of Korra but I really didn't like where the first season ended up and I really haven't liked the first few episodes of this one so I'm probably not gonna keep up with it. I watched the pilot of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but it didn't hook me very much so I don't know if I'll bother with that either. For now I'll watch it just to keep up with tumblr but it'll probably remain background noise while I do other stuff if I do.

I guess the fact that I don't have cable or anything probably excuses me from having no "watching" list nowadays though..

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I think he meant because it was mostly late night talk shows and...the Emmy's? (o_O)

Anyway, since we live in the same house what I watch is largely similar. Kimmel, Colbert, Stewart, and Maher. Fallon's show is great, but I haven't been able to see much of him since starting work.

I like to watch Top Chef (normal seasons, or at least seasons where Curtis Stone isn't the host) and nearly anything from Anthony Bourdain (except for The Taste).

As demonstrated earlier in this thread, I am a huge Person of Interest fan too

I don't really watch any other "real" shows aside from PoI because I'm afraid of becoming out of the loop if I miss an episode. Too much commitment and investment for a TV show. I wouldn't mind watching them after the fact, but then... no one else cares at that point XD

I watched Firefly and Arrested Development over the summer. Thinking of watching The X-Files, Fringe, and The Wire but maybe, maybe not

Oh, and Whose Line. Always slips my mind

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I saw Insidious: Chapter 2 with a couple of friends Saturday evening. I haven't seen the first film, but I enjoyed the second. Was surprisingly fairly standalone, though I can tell that knowledge of the first film would have helped understand some finer points a little better.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I meant I don't watch any shows that have characters or stories. Just variety and reality shows. (Although I guess you could consider Colbert a character ^_^ ).

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    As long as we're talking about The Rev. Sir Doctor Stephen Tyrone Mos Def Colbert, D.F.A., Heavyweight Champion of the World✱✱ featuring Flo Rida

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've been trying to watch more shows since getting a Netflix subscription a few months ago. Right now I'm working on Merlin (great series so far, though I'm just watching the last episode of season one right now), and I'm a few episodes into Doctor Who after being harassed by a ton of people to watch it. It's very...different, lmao.

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Where did you start with Doctor Who? I tried several times from the reboot and just... couldn't get into it. I like the Doctor, but not the other characters and everything seemed really cheesy.

I jumped to Series 5 of the reboot though recently, the Eleventh Doctor, and I love it. I am hooked. So, so much better.

So, I'm watching that.

And some other things. Person of Interest, still, of course. Also: The Blacklist, Cosmos, House of Cards.

I watched all of Sherlock recently. Also really loved that show. Looking forward to more. But it's so far away! ;__;

I watched True Detective this year. Really good.

Still watching a lot of late night shows (both Jimmies mostly, some Conan) and food shows (Top Chef shows, Parts Unknown)

Uhh... what else. I've watched a lot lately. Uhh... I'm working my way through the "Tales of" animations. I'm rewatching through The Simpsons (up to season 13 or so). I'm planning on watching the original Star Trek soon.

I watched some of Game of Thrones earlier this year, to see what all the fuss was about. I enjoyed the production values and acting and such. But, I just got strong soap opera vibes from it? I dunno. I just didn't care about anyone or what was going on at all. Just felt like events that were happening. I might try again though, I'm clearly missing something about it

9. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I started right at the beginning of the reboot with Eccleston as the Doctor. You're right, it's incredibly cheesy. But Eccleston makes it worth it since he's so spastic and generally hilarious. I know his tenure as the Doctor is really short though, and I'm really excited to get to Tennant since a lot of people say he's the best.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Yeah, I've heard that too. I feel kind of bad for bypassing Tennant's run because I've heard good things. Mostly, I jumped to Series 5 because I read the Sherlock writers were the show runners then lol

I might go back after and watch Tennant. It's not like time travel is unusual here :P