1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What're you watching?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rhys, Jan 10, 2013.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I watched the "Last Christmas" Doctor Who special today.

I'm currently making my way through season two of House of Cards. I'm also checking out the BBC show Broadchurch.

Not TV, nor watching, but I'm listening to Serial too

2. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I finished up season two of House of Cards a year to the date of it being first released. So... yesterday. Marathoned like five or six episodes.

I'm onto season two of Broadchurch now too and following that as new episodes air. (I was incorrect above, it's not a BBC show despite airing on BBC America. It's from ITV in the UK). Really good show, although I still haven't adjusted to a gloomy Tennant as D.I. Hardy yet because he's so peppy as the Tenth Doctor in comparison.

I'm also now watching Life Story. A Mike Gunton-produced David Attenborough-hosted BBC Natural History Unit program. A mini follow-up of sorts to 2009's "Life" series. I'm really into these now since watching Planet Earth a few years back. I've been trying to keep up with these series as they air sinc. So, I've seen Life and Frozen Planet. For some reason, I don't think Africa aired here. And CBC is only airing Life Story now.

In addition, I'm also watching Dino Hunt Canada (on the History channel, so groan and shrug if you must because they don't have a good track record). I think this show is produced by the Royal Ontario Museum. Each week followers two or three teams of Canadian paleontologist on dig sites... digging. And discovering, recovering, etc. Canada has a good dino history and it's fun to learn about it. A couple episodes have featured Philip J. Currie, whome Alan Grant from Jurassic Park was partially based on. And it's all narrated by Dan Aykroyd, which is a plus

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    The shows above have ended, I am now way behind on Blacklist (they aired a special episode after the Super Bowl, which I missed. Then they changed air dates and I haven't seen it once since :\). Also behind on House of Cards as Season 3 is out and I haven't watched it yet.

4. Nolafus

Nolafus Critic of everything

68%
    I'm watching Yugioh GX, for some reason. I remember watching it for a little bit as a kid, and got the urge to actually finish it. It's actually quite interesting and easy to follow, despite the fact that I've never played the card game before.

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've started watching House of Cards. Such a great show - lots of scheming and conniving, and Kevin Spacey is just a natural at Frank Underwood's character. I'm like...6? episodes in so far, and I've heard it only gets better from here.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Scheming and conniving is an understatement. The Underwoods are positively machiavellian

7. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    They're Italian? :P

8. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I wrapped up (finally) House of Cards, season 3. Will try to check out... idk... X-Files? 'Cause their having that revival show, kinda thinking I might like that? Also Parks and Recreation because people keep telling me to watch it.

Anyway, it's fall TV season now. What will you all be watching?

I'm looking forward to Doctor Who, and I guess The Blacklist. Person of Interest is in television political limbo :( Probably won't surface till next year. No new shows on my horizon at the moment.

9. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    ...that was kind of underwhelming

The guitar on a tank was cool though

10. Achromatic

Achromatic Sootopolitan

47%
    Doctor Who currently! So glad it's back on each Saturday.