1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    ...is there any such thing as Canadian history beyond a bunch of Eskimos and colonial French/English people? You guys are really boring. Down here in the US we like starting wars and stuff...keeps things interesting!

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Wars are booooring. Especially when you have millions of them all the time. Politics is more interesting!

(This is why I don't make video games.)

3. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    You're one of the people that the creative director for ACIII hates. :p He recently said, "People on the internet suggest the most boring settings... The three most wanted are WWII, feudal Japan and Egypt. They're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game."

He likes the idea of an AC game taking place in India though.

4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    India would be interesting.

Feudal Japan sounds kind of boring (as does WW2 omg) because it's so overdone in video games. But I'd love to be in China. *w* They have such interesting history and plenty of wars/revolutions and political backstabbing to keep assassins busy.

5. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Not true. Canadian history is interesting mainly because it's so diverse due to the vast landscape of Canada. You've got the history of the North, East, South, West, and central Canada; all different from each other.

If an AC game were to take place in Canada, I'd say it would revolve around the Red River Rebellion/Resistance which took place in 1869. It was the first major crisis Canada experienced after its confederation in 1867. There were acts of treason, executions, and an interesting character in Louis Riel, one of the most controversial Canadians in history, who led the resistance. Some see him as a hero, some see him as a traitor.

There are other periods in Canadian history where an AC game could take place but I think this one would work quite well.

6. SonicThrust

SonicThrust Level 1

90%
    Canadian history is awesome! Especially legal history.

Anyway, I have no interest in Assassin's Creed America. I honestly don't find American history interesting at all. It does make sense that something takes place in the US since Desmond is born in the US which means his family must have moved there at some point. Still the setting kind of kills this game for me. (And the box cover thing that you could get for pre-ordering looked tacky.)

7. Aegis

Aegis Member

4%
    I'm looking forward to it I guess. I find American history really interesting so I think that aspect of it will be neat. Not too thrilled over the whole climbing up trees and stuff now though. Additionally I'm a little skeptical on how guns will be in it given the nature of the games, but I guess we'll see.

Honestly there isn't really another period of history I would have liked to see used in the games though. I personally wouldn't have enjoyed an Asian themed one, and another Europe one wouldn't have been that different than II in my opinion. Maybe one about the colonization of Central and South America, that might have been neat.