1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy X HD

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Cherrim, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Well, Square-Enix can't put their tax on the PS3 version--I'm pretty sure Sony caps all HD remakes at $40. I wonder if they'll enforce that cap in a modified manner for the Vita versions? That or insist cross-buy exists, which might be possible since I believe Square-Enix is also looking into adding the ability for save files to be interchangeable between the two... and they can't possibly think enough people will legitimately be interested in purchasing 3 games just to play on two consoles, right?

2. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's Square. They're not going to allow Cross-Buy...and $39.99 each for FFX and X-2 on Vita would be still in the realm of the "under $40 for HD remakes" rule.

3. Cherrim

56%
    Well, I did say Sony might shift the rules to make them comply... and honestly, I don't think they'll get very many sales from X-2 alone so they're better off trying to charge only slightly more to bundle them somehow than charge $40 for each separately. :/ Seriously, how many people would really bother buying X-2 on the Vita? Anyone who has a Vita probably also has a PS3 (or the vast, vast majority of Vita owners) so there would be no reason to bother with X-2 Vita at all. They'd just give up and get the PS3 verison. Otherwise, most people would be content with FFX.

But then, S-E has made a lot of stupid decisions lately. I wouldn't be surprised if, during their whole restructure and introspective this year, they decide that $40 each for the Vita games is an excellent idea. ~_~

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I know Erica picked this up. Did anyone else? I've been considering it but I passed on the $29.99 sale a couple weeks ago, so I might hold out until it hits $20. I've really had the urge to replay FFX lately though.

5. Cherrim

56%
    The Vita version looks a lot better than the PS3 version in the end (I got Vita, roommate got PS3, so I've seen both). The Vita version also has a few minor, useless additions that are at least additions and not the straight port that the PS3 got. (You can change the cutscene length for summons in battle and you can quick-heal outside of battle with Yuna or items... not game-changers, but I've made use of the latter while grinding.)

There isn't a huge benefit to getting a hard copy if you go Vita, though... you only get the cartridge for FFX and you get a download code for X-2. Had I actually looked into that and known, I probably would have just bought both on PSN and saved myself the trouble of waiting for it to be shipped.

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    You do still get a physical copy of FFX though, so I'd at least have something to put on my game shelf. It bothers me that PlayStation All-Stars came with my Vita as a digital download and I don't have it displayed, lmao.

I just have a thing for wanting physical copies if at all possible. I like displaying my collection.

7. Cherrim

56%
    The Vita boxes are so uselessly small that I don't really have a shelf to put them on so for me they just take up room. Plus, once I upgraded my memory card, I can have literally all my games installed on it at once so why would I want to keep switching out cartridges? The Vita is the one console that makes me realize how much I actually do want games to go all-digital.

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    At least you didn't get the same version of the game that I did.

Anyway, I tried the collection a few weeks ago. I loved the updated visuals, though I wish they had also updated the in-game animations. They were way too... bad.