1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX Coming to PS3 (KH1:FM, KHRe:CoM, cutscenes from 358/2 Days)

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Sep 19, 2012.

1. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I don't know. Sounds fishy to me. If that were the case, seeing as Chain of Memories was first released in 2004, then 2006 stage musical would not have been possible. Might be more a SE issue than a Disney issue. There was also a direct-to-video sequel in 2005 and an attraction that opened at Hong Kong Disneyland that same year as well. So... something seems off there to me.

Maybe SE had to licence the use of the characters, even though they were the Disney-tized versions?

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Mm, I'm pretty sure Disney would handle the licensing for everything. They are the producers after all.

I'm fairly certain I'd heard about Disney's license running out, or maybe their license ran out regarding the use of the characters outside anything specifically Tarzan? They may have renegotiated it and left out things like video games but allowed sequels and rides (since that seems like something they'd be more concerned about). This news, specifically regarding KH, is also really old so I don't know if it's still relevant.

Regardless, I'm sure Disney keeps its contacts together so if this were a problem, there are venues Disney Interactive could take in order to get the okay for re-releasing KH1.

edit: btw Rhys thanks for the language confirmation. Yaaay.

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The trailer has been released, and it looks great.

4. Cherrim

56%
    Actually the triangle appearance thing was just Ars Arcanum. It looks like they've changed those abilities to appear with the triangle option rather than replacing the last thing on the menu, which is welcome.

The Days scene makes me happy. They're doing exactly what I wanted them to do AND VOICING IT. :>

5. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Eh, I'm going to go ahead and finish my KH replay now and not wait for this. If it even gets released here, chances are it'll be late 2013 at the very earliest. Not going to wait a year, and by late 2013/early 2014 I'll probably be willing to play Final Mix. Plus you're looking at another year or two after that for the second collection.

6. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    Well according to this, it could come out around March. Not sure if this will change your mind, it's still kind of far away.

7. Cherrim

56%
    My estimate is March in Japan and September for NA. They'll have to redub the new scenes in Days and they just like to take forever for things like that when they don't start early (they started pretty early with 3D).

8. Frostweaver

Frostweaver Level 2

73%
    Anything for more Naminé time!

However, I still thinkit's milking the franchise pretty extensively... has it really been that long since old KH that there is a need to port it over to the newest system already? I really don't think so. Maybe I'm just cynical over this because of SE's subpar performance in delivery lately... can't get myself that excited even if it's another grand 10 minutes of Naminé screentime.

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I have no problem with them milking the series so long as the products are good, which they typically are. Besides, it's hard to screw up a port of two of the best PS2 RPG's. :P

10. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I think an HD collection of KH is fine, but they are milking the series pretty heavily. Spinoff after spinoff is getting really old, and even though BBS and 3D were more like main series games, I'm still ready for them to just get to making a full console KH game again.