1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Rhys, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I was disappointed with how little XIII-2 was connected to XIII. I mean, we barely saw any of the old characters except for Hope and Serah - the rest were glorified cameos that played very little part in the overall plot. I'm assuming that 3 will be even less connected. :/

2. Hotspot

Hotspot Level 3

36%
    I actually just found out about this game earlier today.. I think it'll be cool. Although I do not have the first game yet, so I have a long way to go. XD

3. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
  4. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Ah, JRPG over-designing at its finest. *sigh*

And I thought her garb in FFXIII-2 was bad. :/

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I thought it was decent. I don't think it fit her character very well, but looked nice, and its appearance made sense for her role in the game as Etro's knight. This, however... I just don't see it having much relevance, if any. It just seems hastily thrown together without any feedback or reconsideration.

6. Cherrim

56%
    It was a weird design choice because it clashed with literally every other character design in the game. I get that Lightning was the only one there for/from Etro but the costume was still weird when everyone else had loose, Japanese-y clothing or Serah's spandex jumpsuit. Considering Lightning had almost literally no role in XIII-2, I find it difficult to justify the clothing regardless.

This one gives me exactly the same vibe as XIII-2's costume did when I first saw it. :(

7. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    It's just...blech. It looks horribly out of place on Lightning - it's almost like Sephiroth with boobs. She looks more like an evil overlord. :/

8. Frostweaver

Frostweaver Level 2

73%
    At least the FFXIII-2 one is bearable and fits her coloring scheme a tiny bit... not saying that it makes much sense. This one is just... I dunno. If I ignore her pants, then it's around equal level to FFXIII-2. The whole picture though... blehhhhh.

Tbh, I have very low standard for Lightning Returns =/. Not all that optimistic about it.

9. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm looking forward to it, I'm just afraid it'll be rushed to release. I have a feeling that Square Enix is secretly working with Tri-Ace on this game even more than they did with XIII-2 in order to make up for the seemingly short development time. They plan on having the game out by the end of 2013.

10. Cherrim

56%
    I'm not really looking forward to the game. I'll probably pick it up within a few months of release but since they seem to be changing the whole formula of the series for it, I'm not really excited. The ONLY reason I picked up (and loved) XIII-2 was for the battle system and they're not even using the same one for this game. It's literally the only great thing about the XIII compilation for me.

I get that they're trying to do something different and I know they're trying to be "safe" by doing that different thing with a franchise everyone already "loves" but I think I'd be receiving all this so much better if they'd just spun it off into a new IP of sorts instead.