Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 21, 2012.
Button press. Specifically X not Y.
I use the Y button. Using the stick just feels awkward and not as responsive.
I've grown used to using the analog stick to jump. It actually feels weird when I don't do it now. :P
So since Sakurai has said the number of playable characters probably won't increase, who do you think they should remove from the roster to make room for new fighters? Here's who I think probably won't be returning:
-R.O.B. ( :( )
-Mr. Game & Watch
So that would make room for 7 new characters which I think is a good amount. And who would I like those 7 chracters to be?
-Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
-Isaac (Golden Sun)
-King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
-Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
-Krystal (Star Fox)
-Lloyd (Tales of)
I'll be so mad if G&W doesn't return. He's probably my favourite to play as.
Of those... I'd say ditch Wolf. He was unnecessary. Also ROB, if only because I always lose to you when you're him XD
I want Young Link back instead of Toon Link. That or Falco... I don't mind one clone. But two? Like with Wolf, is stupid.
I think Lucas is probably out. Also Ike. Lucario maybe. Oh and I hate Diddy, so I hope he goes. Lol
I don't know why they wouldn't just keep everyone though.
Today he confirmed there Will be new characters by the way
Well, what he said today was that they are indeed adding new characters. Perhaps people were confused with what he said earlier about the Smash roster reaching its capacity in Brawl. They may have interpreted that as meaning there will be no new fighters. I think Sakurai just wanted to clarify.
I think Brawl had too many characters if only because so many of them were pretty much just clones anyway. But seriously, a roster of more than 20 for a fighting game is ridiculously confusing, especially for newcomers. :( And if they want to do the DLC route finally, which is honestly probably a good idea, they'll have to start with a bit of a smaller roster or else screen space becomes an issue. But yeah, it makes perfect sense to me that they're trimming the roster to make room.
Plus, the more characters they have, the more balancing is required in the game. Brawl was already pretty tipped. :/ Keeping everyone and adding more would result in pretty drastic changes in order to keep things fair, I feel.
Bored and thought about the characters a bit more XD
From the Brawl roster I would remove:
- Diddy Kong (maybe? I just dislike the character XD He is so gimmicky. Throw in someone else instead. Dixie Kong? Lanky Kong?)
- Ike (I want Roy back)
- Lucario (I want Mewtwo back)
- Snake (not "Nintendo" enough)
- Sonic (I actually like him in the game, surprisingly. But he is lonely and out of place. Either ditch him or add in Tails and Knuckles.)
- Toon Link (I want Young Link back)
- Wolf (useless clone)
And I would add/restore any of the following. I'd be okay with anyone from this list...
- Banjo and Kazooie (there was a rumour that Nintendo's going to buy the franchise. Most likely not true, but if it is true. They better be there)
- Dr. Mario (Luigi was no longer a Mario clone in Brawl, so it works)
- Geno (there is a demand for him to be in the game, so why not)
- Ghirahim (I think Nintendo will want some Skyward Sword coverage)
- King K. Rool
- Lloyd Irving (Namco cameo)
- Mega Man (the only non-Nintendo character, except for maybe Sonic as of late, that would feel like a Nintendo character and not be out of place)
- Pac-Man (Namco cameo)
- Skull Kid / Majora (if only because this would lead to one heck of a final smash)
- Yarn Kirby (not a clone. Would have entirely new move-set focussed on the whip)
- Young Link
- Zoroark (there's a demand for it)
Characters aside, I just want all of the old stages in it in addition to any new ones