1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Namco Bandai developing the next Smash Bros.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    :( Am I the only one who vastly prefers Toon Link over Young Link?

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    Nope. I'd rather have him over Young Link. :P

3. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I would if Toon Link was actually celshaded. The TWW course is, why isn't he? He just looks weird with the textures they used

4. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I don't really mind how they made him look. With Brawl, they wanted everyone to have the same basic style, so that not one character would look too out of place. I think a cel-shaded Toon Link would look weird when fighting a realistic-looking Ganondorf.

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I never thought he really looked out of place. He handles so much better (for me) than Young Link did and that's what's important to me over style. (If we're complaining about style that was never in other games, how about the fact that the denim in Mario's overalls looks ridiculous with the texture they used in Brawl since it's literally never denim-like at all in any other game.)

But he wouldn't look any more out of place if they had made Toon Link's textures more cel-shaded. o_O Mr. Game & Watch gets by just fine and never looks too strange near everyone else and he's just a 2D figure with an opaque colour with a white outline. Although I might just be so used to him now that it's impossible for him to look out of place anymore.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    No, no problems with Mr. G&W

I like Mario's denim XD I do like how in Melee and Brawl they tried to make all these characters reasonably realistic (especially the detail given to the Mario characters like with the denim or Peach's dress) - but for a character with Toon in their name... They should be a Toon. Lol It's just the opposite of the TWW artstyle and a major part of his design.

But in terms of play? Yeah, no problems with Toon Link. He's my main character

7. DarkSpade93

DarkSpade93 Level 11

59%
    I want to get rid of Toon Link not because of the style (it doesn't bother me that much) but because he's a clone and he doesn't have to be. He could have a moveset that utlizes the skull hammer, the deku leaf, the grappling hook. But instead he has the same moveset as Link. They should either change Toon Link's attacks or just remove him from the roster.

8. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I'd rather have the first of those options - Toon Link should be a separate character from regular Link. And I'd rather have him than Young Link.