1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Support Operation Rainfall!

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Geoff, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Tales of Eternia on the PSP didn't come here because Sony used to have a policy that a game couldn't be released in NA unless it had a certain percentage of new content. Since ToE was pretty much a straight port, it didn't make it here.

There's no excuse for Xenoblade and TLS though. I'd be okay if those two made it here and Pandora's Tower didn't, but Xeno and TLS are getting EU releases, and therefore English translations, so there's really no excuse other than NoA are a bunch of assholes. :|

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I'm definitely gonna join in on the letter-writing campaign. Xenoblade and The Last Story look amazing, I'd really like to play them. :/ I haven't seen Pandora's Tower in action yet, but if that many people like it, it can't be all that bad, right?

Europe got the PSP port? Actually, Europe got the game at all? >> That's news to me...

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    And now the rumor's out that Pandora's Tower is coming to Europe in 2012. Absolutely unbelievable.
    Apparently NoE staff are even wtf-ing at NoA and are going around making sarcastic remarks and joking about it, and are just in disbelief that NoA is being so stupid about the whole thing.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/themightyme/rainfall/rainfall-letters.jpg
    Here's a time frame for when you should be thinking about mailing your letters. For US people, you might want to check usps.com and go to the "Calculate Postage" link, enter some information, and it'll give you an estimated delivery date that I've found to be pretty accurate in the past. That should give you an idea of when to mail your letter.

4. Chairman Kaga

Chairman Kaga Level 4

80%
    I'm much less motivated to do the letter-writing campaign now that Nintendo told everyone that it's never happening. Those letters are just all going into a big shredder or bonfire or whatnot as per what happens with any kind of letter-writing campaign, so why are the Rainfall people actually still believing that they can change Nintendo's mind at this point? I want those three games as much as anyone but realistically there's a 0% chance at this point. Right now I'm really just sticking around to troll Nintendo on their Facebook page whenever they make a new post, heh.

5. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Just found this and thought it was pretty funny haahhahahaha

[​IMG]

6. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Technically they said "Never say never", and though I'm not optimistic, I'm sure they'll be having a fall conference in September or October to show off their upcoming game lineup...if the games aren't announced for NA release there, then it's time to give up. I'm leaning toward "it's not going to happen" just because of NoA's sheer arrogance and spite towards their hardcore fans.