1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Furret, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I've recently been getting the urge to attempt playing Oblivion again, so I might get on that soon - maybe after I beat Skyward Sword. Everything I've seen of Skyrim looks incredible.

2. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    I really, really, really want to play this but I know my computer won't be able to handle it as well as I want... especially if I wait for high-res texture packs to hit the internet before I play. :( But my roommate's playing it and it sounds like so much fun. Auugh.

I will probably pick it up if it's on sale at all during the inevitable Steam Christmas sale.

3. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    I know it's much better on the PC, but...I'll likely wind up getting it on the 360 if I get it. I have a lot more trouble committing to a PC game than a console game, for some reason, plus I just prefer sitting in front of a TV and playing rather than being confined in front of a computer.

4. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    Actually, it looks better on the computer. I've heard tons of PC gamers who talk about bugs in Bethesda games all the time when they first come out on PC because they don't test them as much. It's also pretty much a port for the PC, that you can tell.

This game. Oh goodness fighting dragons is so fun and EVERYTHING IS FUN!

5. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Oh, I'm sure they test them plenty. I think it's just ridiculous to expect the games to work 100% when there are just so many paths and variables involved.

But I do sort of :| at the fact that the games are geared more toward consoles now, because I think Bethesda could really do way more amazing things than they already do if they concentrated just on PC like they used to. (Not that I can talk, since the only Elder Scrolls I've been able to play was Oblivion, but I've heard the stories. :P) But making a game that'll work on 360 and PS3 which are both... what... like 6 years old? It means the standards for PCs, which are typically muuuuch better technologically, are dropped as well.

Once the mods come out though? I really don't see why anyone would pay for it on a console unless they just can't play it on PC. Seems so counterproductive to me.

6. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    I want to try this out because everyone is all ooh-la-la about it. But I've never played an Elder Scrolls before and I think it might be too high fantasy for my tastes

7. Furret

Furret The Furret King

12%
    What do you mean by too high fantasy? It's got quite a bit but personally for me it's just right. But I love tons of fantasy.