1. Welcome to the new 4P Forums, Guest! For more information on what's new, check out this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Geoff, May 12, 2011.

1. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix)
    This arrived in the mail on March 14th, it's actual release date across the world, and I started the same day. I'm mostly enjoying it so far. The improvements to KHFM are really noticeable (and would be absolutely amazing to those who haven't touched FM before) and I love the updated music and the crisp visuals. I'm just not a huge fan of KH1, honestly. The battle system is so frustrating sometimes and it hasn't aged nearly as well as most other entries in the series. I find myself cursing at the screen a lot and I dread doing completion in this, though I think doing the challenge trophies at easier difficulties will be more fun than my regular Proud Mode playthrough haha. I just finished up Neverland now and I think Hollow Bastion is next? I'm gonna go around and tie up a few loose ends now that I have Glide and a few more Trinities first, though.

Persona 4 Golden
    I try to play just one console game and one handheld game at a time and I couldn't hold off on this one after it arrived in the mail last week. I really like it so far, especially now that it's picking up. It started out much slower than Persona 3 but everyone I know who's played it has absolutely adored the game so I've been really excited to play it for years. I'm only like a week into it so far, so not much has happened yet.

2. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    The only things I've really been playing lately are Left 4 Dead 2 and the Mega Man Zero Collection. In L4D2, I'm trying to work through all of the campaigns on Xbox 360, while in MMZC, I'm in Neo Arcadia in MMZ1.

3. DocGoblin

DocGoblin dutty techs

23%
    Rhys if you want we can blitz some of the Peace Walker co-op missions soon.

Currently playing:

Black ops 2:
    Campaign is pretty solid, zombies is a tonne of fun, multiplayer is (as per since B Ops 1) heavily broken.

L.A Noire:
    Interesting game. I like the story but the driving mechanics are absolute balls and the framerate gets a bit laggy at times. Definitely worth a playthrough though.

4. Geoff

Geoff Administrator
    Administrator

31%
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Holy crap I love this game. So glad I decided to pick it up - it's just as good, if not better, than Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Really liking the characters and story too. Right now I'm on Chapter 10.

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
    Bringing back such great memories. Currently at Fubras River, so not far at all into the game.

Lego City Undercover
    Enjoying this more than the other Lego games I've played. It has a great sense of humor and I'm enjoying the open world, though I know I'll never get 100% completion since it's a collectathon like all other Lego games.

5. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening since I got it last week. I'm about eight hours in so far, I've done seven or eight chapters in the main storyline. I've also done the first two Chapions of Yore maps and obtained Pr. Marth and Roy. Like Geoff, I loooove it, and I typically don't like SRPGs much.

That'd be fun. Maybe. :P

6. Cherrim

Cherrim Resident KH Fangirl

56%
    Persona 4 Golden
    Trudging through this. I'm really starting to resent the game every time I go into a dungeon. I think it's too soon after I played P3P and I'm still burnt out from the battle system which is literally just "use all your SP to hit the enemy's weakness or have a long and tedious battle" unless you're overlevelled in which case you just set it to auto-pilot and let everyone attack until everything's dead.

7. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    Right now, still trudging through Assassin's Creed III. The plot seems to be wrapping up? But I haven't done anything yet outside of going from point A to B. I'd like to explore a city and get better weapons and armor stuff, but...

I really don't like this game

8. Rhys

Rhys Co-Webmaster

62%
    What's the last thing that happened in the utter disappointment of a story?

9. TheMajesticWolf

TheMajesticWolf Level 2

87%
    Currently playing through Bioshock Infinite. Really enjoying the narrative it presents.

10. TRIFORCE89

TRIFORCE89 Sage

52%
    • Assassin's Creed III (ugh)
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (almost done with the Zelda series playthrough!)
    • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (second playthrough)
    • Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (first playthrough)